Manager, eCommerce (Sterling OMS)Apply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 2113965620211031 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products is seeking a Manager, Engineering, with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way the Walt Disney Company interfaces with its guests. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering cross-platform integrated Disney experiences that will define the interactions of children and families online and change the way our customers experience our digital and physical assets. Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of Disney and all levels of the organization. We are consumer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experience for our users while driving the most value for the Walt Disney Company.
Responsibilities :A Manager, Engineering within Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) Commerce Systems Organization must manage both internal areas of responsibility as well as execute on the broader goals of the team’s business partners. These areas include:
- Delivers against the goals of the Retail Technology team, specifically on the strategic priorities of the organization including execution against the operating plan objectives for Sterling Order Management System as part of supply chain portfolio and operational metrics.
- Oversees and manages engineering / developer deliverables of individual contributors. Included in this is oversight of features and functionality from a technical level as those features and functionality align with the business goals of the broader organization.
- Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. This includes active mentoring on technical and process related engineering / development functions, as well as soft-skill development of their organization.
- Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of function or unit objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal contacts.
- Management of and technical oversight of external vendor relationships and deliverables. Responsibilities for this task include review of external vendor contracts (deliverables, timelines, technologies used, etc.) as well as checkpoint assessments of the vendor’s work quality from a technical perspective.
- Monitors functions and deliverables within the team’s work product for efficiencies that align with the business goals of the group’s partners. This includes both core vs. commodity discussions, but also recommending tooling for repetitive work being performed by the team that could be a self-service function.
- Collaborates with Program and Product Management functions, with respect to features, roadmaps and budgets. Escalates potential problems to direct leadership if needed for any of these tracts.
Basic Qualifications :
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- 5+ years of experience with Sterling Order Management (OMS) Suite
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design, and Development experience
- 3+ years of Software Management
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience in managing eCommerce & Wholesale solutions for multi-channels Retailers
- Experience in integrating eCommerce & Wholesale Solutions with Business Partners with various communications protocols (REST, WSDLs, Gateways, APIs, etc.)
- Integration experience with Third Party Applications (examples: Web Services, Tax Processors, Payment Processors, Fulfillment, Address Engines).
- Experience building use case driven software with Agile Software Development and Test Driven Development methodologies
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.