Manager, FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009123 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Consumer Products, Games & Publishing (CPGP) Division within Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW), within CPGP, develops original, award-winning Learning and Storytelling content for Disney, Marvel, Lucas and own-created brands, which fuels both DPEP and The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). It is considered the largest children’s publishing brand in the world.
We are seeking a Manager, Finance to support and help drive the North America Print Licensing business within Disney Publishing Worldwide.
- Ownership of the planning process across key business cycles: Annual Operating Plan, Long-Term Strategic Plan, Monthly Forecasts and Quarter Close
- Create and deliver executive level presentations with effective storytelling & present analysis with full command of the topic
- Oversee all aspects of the P&L, including revenues, costs and managed operating income
- Develop and implement financial models to inform budgets and forecasts covering both revenue and costs, including Earned Revenue (ER), Other Revenue, Salaries & Benefits (S&B), as well as other General & Administrative (G&A) costs
- Perform ad-hoc benchmark reporting and deep dive analysis to support business growth strategies
- Utilization of multiple systems and tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Invision, Cognos and SAP
- Collaborate with key stakeholders: internal finance team; functional teams for developing forecasts and budgets; accounting team for close process; partner teams for cross-functional deals/projects
- Drive efficiency through process improvements, including constant update, revision and creation of financial models and templates
- Report directly to a Senior Manager responsible for North America Licensing, including commercialization support
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 7+ years of Corporate Financial, Planning & Analysis experience, specifically budgeting, forecasting, consolidations/financial modeling and overall financial analysis
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, including partnering with Senior Executives and be a trusted and reliable source of information, analysis and support
- Experience in managing and developing a high performance team
- Intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail and deliverable timeline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow drivers
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and prioritize work with tight deadlines
- Able to work autonomously, take directions and inputs from partners locally and remotely
- Willingness to take on initiatives and learn new systems and applications
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; SAP and Cognos experience preferred
- Flexible work schedule to allow communication with California and International teams
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Finance or equivalent); MBA a plus
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Prod & Interactive Media, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Prod & Interactive Media is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.