Manager, Human Resources Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 818754BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
This role will support the Disney Signature Experiences businesses.
- Work with HR, Employees and Leaders to create a place where employees, Cast, and Crew want to work and can be successful as their authentic selves
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization
- Proactively assess business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development
- Plan and lead organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives
- Coach business leaders on key organizational and management issues
- Plan and facilitate work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights
- Collaborate with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs
- Use understanding of individual and organizational dynamics to facilitate talent movement into and throughout the organization
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets
- 5+ years’ progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results)
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy
- Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience
- Previous experience supporting a union environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.