Manager of Network Services, Architecture & Design
Celebration, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 696186BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 09/08/2019
The Manager of Network Advanced Services Architecture and Design will be responsible for providing strategy, architecture, design and implementation oversight of all infrastructure supporting the Enterprise-wide network advanced services (DNS/DHCP, Remote Access and Voice). This key leadership role is accountable for developing the network strategy and roadmaps through collaboration with other infrastructure areas, peers in the networking area, and directly from the Disney Segments. In accordance with the strategy developed, the leader is responsible for defining the related architecture, designs, technology/vendor selection, and deployment of solutions. Responsibilities include; collecting requirements, identifying technologies / vendors, developing projects, prioritizing activities and supporting transition of these solutions into operations. The Sr. Manager will assign projects, review designs, review project plans and adherence to schedules, budget and security policies. This position also interfaces with the Outsource Supplier to communicate Disney network requirements and reviews the Supplier recommended projects to ensure the design meets the business objectives and improves service delivery.
- Provides leadership for a team of engineers dedicated to design and development of the core global network serving all Segments of The Walt Disney Company for global network communications requirements. Works closely with key stakeholders develop strategies, gather requirements, select vendors/providers, design end-to-end solutions, and oversee timely implementation in collaboration with our outsourcing Suppliers. Drives proactive engagement to ensure that future technology requirements are understood as well as capacity management of the infrastructure. Develops annual budget and tracks financial forecasts throughout the year.
- Leads geographically dispersed team during the development of Telecom strategy, architecture and design while converting into executable solutions; selection of vendors/providers that support the established strategy
- Develops investment plan in accordance with the technology roadmap, submits business cases, prioritizes/assigns work, tracks timeline and financial forecast against stated objectives, ensures proper transition to operations with required KPI’s, design documentation and tool requirements
- Develops and implements the life cycle strategy for the telecom infrastructure and ensures the continuous assessment and maturity of the existing services including capacity/demand management. Closely collaborates with the network delivery services department in defining and documenting services and associated service levels to ensure a consistent delivery model for network services in all geographic regions including required training to support new technologies
- Establishes, motivates and leads a high-performance telecommunications consulting organization; attracts, recruits, and retains key members of the organization
- You have managed a large Network Support or Engineering Group
- Understanding of people management; particularly with motivating peers and subordinates
- 10+ years in applied technical support of complex multi-vendor networked environment
- Advanced verbal, written, and presentation skills -- particularly in relaying technical information to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of technical and managerial personnel to solve complex problems
- Experience working in a multi-business unit company environment
- Excellent selection, appraisal, and development skills
- Excellent planning, organizing, and leadership/supervisory skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work assignments and to focus on highest priority projects to improve customer service and the quality of telecommunication services
- Demonstrated ability to find and solve problems in complex communications networks
- You have the ability to:
- Focus/align organization around critical initiatives.
- Interact effectively at all levels (staff, management, and customers) across diverse cultures. Strong customer, quality, and results orientation.
- Be an effective team member and proven track record of leading complex development and project teams.
- Facilitate progressive change within area of responsibility through the development of reusable products.
- Advanced knowledge with local / wide-area networks in a Fortune 100 Company
- Resolve data communications problems or concerns
- Instill a customer sense of confidence, reliability, and satisfaction in telecommunication services
- Demonstrated ability to work with other managers to coordinate activities and minimize disruptions to user groups
- Strong understanding of telecommunications principals, evolving technologies and business applications
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel at all levels to solve complex problems
- Experience in satellite communications, media transport technologies (SD-SDI, HD-SDI, ASI, TV1, etc)
- ITIL v2/3 certification
- Cisco or other large scale vendor certifications
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.