Manager, Product Management
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 864189BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 23, 2021
Job Summary:The Manager, Product Management position will be part of the DPEP Technology & Digital team responsible for managing the strategic direction of digitally-led ecommerce initiatives within Disney Parks, Experiences & Products Technology & Digital. The team is responsible for product strategy, concept development, defining and executing these initiatives in collaboration with our key stakeholders and partners. This Manager of Product Management position will be focused on Reservation Management for theme park admission and experiences on web and mobile applications. This role will work closely with operations, design, analytics, development and executive teams to bring products to market and develop and grow business opportunities for DPEP Technology & Digital. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality products and applications that Guests love.
- Manage a team of Product Managers responsible for day-to-day activities supporting development teams and feature delivery
- Provide support at the individual level to manage, support and foster team members
- Provide support at the team level to grow and shape a high-performing team
- Partner with key stakeholders (creative, pricing, revenue management, marketing, sales, operations, etc.) to define and build product strategy and roadmaps across lines/destinations/brands within DPEP Technology & Digital to ensure a seamless ecommerce Guest experience across touch points
- Work with development teams to ensure they have a deep understanding of the product strategy, objectives and priority, and helping the teams translate the product concepts into user stories, epics and other appropriate product deliverables (e.g., project briefs, scope/requirement documents, Guest-prioritized needs, etc.)
- Support the team with documentation, industry research, reporting/analytics, project logistics, testing, and general coordination of feature launches/enhancements
- Provide periodic updates/presentations on roadmaps and initiatives to leadership and partners
- 7+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of experience working in the digital industry, preferably with experience delivering experiences for mobile app as well as web
- 2+ years of experience managing or leading a team
- Champion the digital experience, advocating on the Guest's behalf, and working diligently to create a first-class experience for Disney Guests
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate and influence decision making with all levels in the organization (business, executive, technical)
- Experience identifying, defining, and addressing technical, user and business issues in a fast-moving organization
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Bachelor’s degree or equal experience required.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.