Manager- Product ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 905202BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We want someone ready to collaborate with some of the best storytellers in the industry, leverage cutting edge technologies, and support a cross functional team that connects Guests with some of the most beloved characters, universes, and worlds of all time. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, collaborative, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization while wearing multiple hats, be comfortable working autonomously, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that Guests love.
- Lead the strategic planning process for new business initiatives within DPEP Technology and Digital and create holistic roadmaps to deliver on strategic priorities across products
- Identify areas for growth and analyzing existing products to uncover opportunities to enhance and grow existing products with a particular focus on emerging technology platforms and partnerships
- Drive strategic direction for products and creative experiences that bring joy to our Guests, through compelling digital and physical interactions and take advantage of prevalent mobile technologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create new products and features that inform new business initiatives and strategic priorities.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret trends or signs of change, to drive product strategy and create competitive advantage in an evolving marketplace.
- Evaluate market opportunities and strategic partnerships with respect to their strengths and develop business cases for new products and features.
- Identify and build partner relationships that will enable exciting customer experiences
- Proactively support management of deal pipeline and ideation, structuring and execution of strategic opportunities
- Define standard KPIs and Metrics to measure success including engagement, monetization, stability, and performance (e.g., engagement over time, conversion rate, monetization of high value features for business and guest)
- Makes choices about product and project scope, priorities, MVP, delivery dates, etc.
- Manages and executes on multiple projects in parallel, balancing the needs and timelines of each simultaneously.
- Support leadership in large scale initiatives, including creation of deliverables (assessments, internal presentations, etc.) with a view toward promoting informed decision-making and presentations that will be shared with senior-level audiences.
- 6+ years of experience in product development and/or consulting/strategic partnership role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate and influence decision making with all levels in the organization (business, executive, technical)
- Experience identifying, defining, and addressing technical, user and business issues in a fast-moving organization
- Experience in product innovation and emerging digital technologies including AR, VR, ML/AI, video games and interactive experiences
- Experience evaluating emerging technology solutions and companies for fit and viability against use cases.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, proactive thinker with the ability to thrive in an often ambiguous, fast paced environment.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organization
- Working knowledge of markets, products, and competitive landscape (including ability to predict and explain current/future trends), and the ability to translate (both verbally and in writing) technologies into business value.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree or equal experience required. Graduate degree preferred
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.