Manager, Tech-Program and Project Management
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 959417BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 19, 2022
Job Summary:The Manager, Technology (Program and Project Management) leads the delivery of large-scale software development projects across multiple disciplines and Lines of Business for the Retail Technology organization. You will blend program management, project delivery, people management and growth, along with financial and product experience.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Program and Project Management
- Delivery Management- You will:
- Be a leader with a delivery mindset
- Establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with domestic and international partners (North America, EMEA, APAC, LATM) in a technical delivery capacity
- Oversee delivery of complex projects and sustainment products
- Communicate concise status to Leadership on efforts that encompass the entire delivery landscape
- Look ahead at potential issues and work with Delivery team to develop mitigation strategies
- Coordinate with Delivery team to develop estimates, budgets (obtain funding) and timelines
- Familiar with the product management role and can work with partners to prioritize efforts, maximizing value towards strategic goals
- Set policies, governance and other forms of delivery guidance and suggest improvements based on new technologies and methodologies
- People Management- You will:
- Ensure that team maintains high level of competence and operational excellence
- Give feedback and performance reviews to direct reports
- Evaluate the performance of Delivery team and determine training needs
- Coordinate resource management and hiring activities
- Delegate tasks, manage and divide workload fairly
- 3+ years of experience in people management
- 5+ years minimum of project management and Agile delivery experience
- Tell a compelling story when communicating to Leadership
- Have knowledge of multi-channel e-commerce and have managed large-scale efforts
- Adapt to frequent changes in direction and priority
- Easily engage team members from other departments to achieve results
- Experience working with and integrating delivery methods across teams
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Experience assisting with backlog refinement and prioritization
Required EducationBachelor's Degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.