Marine Claims RepresentativeApply NowApply Later Job ID 889888BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
We are seeking a proven individual to provide immediate liability claim services for Disney Cruise Line guests; exhibit outstanding customer service with an understanding of the importance of brand management; partner with a team of Claims Representatives of varying levels of experience; participate with the Legal Department in review of lawsuits; and participate in initiatives to meet department’s goals and objectives. Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to having the ability to conduct investigations, evaluate liability case exposure and resolve claims directly with guests and attorneys. Candidates should be comfortable presenting to an audience and will be asked to provide training periodically.
- Review of claim files in accordance with department operating guidelines
- Recognizing and responding to incidents that have significant exposure
- Escalating incidents with potential excess coverage exposure
- Place P&I Club (insurer) on notice for appropriate claims and collaborate with them on strategy for resolution.
- Help set, implement and achieve department goals and strategies.
- Review claim files for timeliness, accuracy, and action-planning that will bring files to successful and cost-effective resolution
- 6-20 All-Lines Adjusters’ License with the State of Florida
- Minimum one year claims handling experience
- Ability to administer litigated claims, including comprehensive case evaluation
- Demonstrated familiarity with automated claims administration and management systems
- Demonstrated strong technical skills, including scene investigations, evaluation and negotiation of liability claims.
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Understanding of medical and legal terminology
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to deliver concise and informative summaries
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong relationship-building, negotiating, and influencing abilities
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work under deadline pressures and effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency within a Windows environment; including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven bilingual ability
- Demonstrated experience in processing and handling maritime related claims
- High School degree or equivalent
- Degree in Business, Risk Management, or related field
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.