Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Marketing and Communications Intern, Disney Photo Imaging, FL Fall 20'Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 737295BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 21, 2020
Responsibilities:Day in a life…
The intern will be responsible for the development and execution of various marketing tactics that support the Disney PhotoPass Service brand. This includes leading the development and tactical execution of marketing collateral, partnering with other teams at WDW and DLR, writing internal and external communications, assisting with the creation of marketing and communications strategy, and managing Disney PhotoPass Service’s social media accounts. As part of the social media management responsibilities, the intern will be responsible for creating and scheduling all content. In addition, the intern will frequently visit the four Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks and Disney Springs to obtain photo and video content, often appearing in the photos to demonstrate the various Disney PhotoPass Service opportunities available to Guests.
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities with minimal direction
- Ability to handle confidential information and manage conflict to positive resolution
- Strong partnering skills and organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex business problems through creative and strategic solutions
- Proven working knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort
- Dedicated attention to detail, including proofreading and fact checking
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated social media management abilities, including: determining strategy, creating an editorial calendar, writing posts, and creating and selecting compelling content
- Prior professional experience in marketing and/or communications
- Passionate and knowledgeable about social media channels with a strong desire to stay up-to-date on emerging trends
- Experience leading projects
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in Marketing, Mass Communications, Public Relations, or a closely related major
Preferred EducationCurrently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in a college or university earning a degree in Graphic Design or a closely related major
Additional Information:Materials Required:
**College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 to January 2021.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.