Marketing Strategy & Sales Planning Manager, Disney Cruise LineApply Now Apply Later Job ID 726129BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Dec. 04, 2019
Disney Cruise Line is embarking on a period of substantial growth as the fleet is expanding over the next several years with the addition of three new ships. The Marketing Strategy and Sales Planning Manager will focus on providing overarching direction to partners in the Sales organization and will work closely with the Sales Analytics team to develop the strategy for the growth of Disney Cruise Line’s distribution channels, due to fleet expansion. The role will be responsible for developing marketing strategies and communications for Sales partners to drive bookings for the new ships and the overall fleet.
This role will also manage the overarching strategy for Disney Cruise Line’s loyalty program, Castaway Club, identifying opportunities via in-depth analysis of the program.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Sales Planning – Disney Cruise Line, and will be based in Orlando, Florida.
- Develop new short and long-term strategies to achieve growth goals for Disney Cruise Line expansion across all distribution channels
- Serve as a key stakeholder for goal and results assessment of the different distribution channels driven by fleet expansion
- Support innovative Marketing and Sales programs to successfully launch three new ships with trade partners
- Partner with segment-wide Disney Destinations Sales Planning teams on trade initiatives to ensure timely and strategic communication of Disney Cruise Line new product and itineraries
- Provide Disney Cruise Line business insights, updates and areas of focus to internal Sales partners
- Represent the needs of Sales while understanding the role of Consumer Direct campaigns and how both work together to achieve business goals
- Work closely with CIMA (Sales Analytics team) to understand Disney Cruise Line’s overall performance, requesting data analysis to leverage findings that drive business results
- Lead the strategic approach of the Castaway Club Program
- Spearhead efforts to develop the strategic approach for Disney Cruise Line’s Group Sales
- Present strategies and channel distribution plans to Disney Cruise Line’s executive leadership
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Marketing, Marketing related disciplines or Sales
- Strong analytic skills to make decisions driven by data, determine implications, identify business opportunities and succinctly frame up strategic approach
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, project management, collaborative partnership and communication skills
- Lateral thinking to identify alternative ways to achieve growth goals and challenge the status quo
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel to drive deep analytics; in Microsoft Power Point or Keynote to succinctly frame up findings and strategic approach; Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong presentation skills to deliver information with clarity and credibility
- Past experience in the travel industry
- Knowledge of Sales distribution channels (Travel Agency Sales, Online Travel Agents, on-site sales, phone sales, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent
- MBA or related post-graduate degree is preferred
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.