Marketing Strategy AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 10019313 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Sep. 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Marketing Strategy Associate – National Geographic Expeditions
Disney Signature Experiences is a collection of premium, award-winning travel brands within The Walt Disney Company including: Disney Cruise Line, operating 4 cruise ships with 3 additional ships under construction; Disney Vacation Club, a vacation ownership program; Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii; Adventures by Disney and National Geographic Expeditions, guided tour travel experiences; and Golden Oak, a luxury community located at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando.
The Marketing Strategy Associate position will help develop priority marketing programs to achieve business goals for National Geographic Expeditions. You will guide communication planning rooted in consumer insights, exhibit sound creative judgment and drive go-to-market innovation in assigned programs. You will support short-term and long-term strategies and campaigns to meet business goals. To achieve these goals, we partner with Marketing and Sales disciplines including Travel Trade Sales, Consumer Insights, Public Relations, Advertising, Internet, Media, Promotions, CRM, Alliances, Revenue Management, Finance, Public Affairs, Sales and Legal, plus maintain integration points with Operations.
You will report to a Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy
- Achieve annual results by working with management to develop and support marketing and sales programs that incorporate strategic planning, critical thinking, analytics and innovation
- Support brand growth through communication planning, channel strategies and brand management
- Help develop integrated marketing and sales communication by working with cross discipline teams
- Analyze data to identify marketing strategies, conclusions and business opportunities
- Maintain a high-level understanding of marketing trends in the Travel & Leisure and Travel Trade Sales space, plus specific group and luxury travel industry developments
- Use consumer insights and research to provide relevant input to partners across the entire marketing organization
- Support marketing activities, in partnership with sales planning, in-house Public Relations, promotion, broadcast, media, digital and creative teams, to achieve seamless execution of marketing communication plans
- Provide overall creative feedback to ensure seamless execution of tactics
- Develop and deliver presentations for partners and senior management
- Share updates with leadership to ensure all programs and plans have buy-off by leaders
- Partner with the Travel Agency Sales team and Operations to develop revenue-driving programs, inform future product decisions and enhancements to the product
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- 3+ years of consumer marketing experience
- Technical Marketing skills to inspire and lead strategic input to foster creative communication planning
- Experience framing up a verbal or written POV to influence leaders, partners and peers
- Experience managing a high-volume, portfolio of tactical programs, marketing and sales strategies, details, and budgets
- Experience developing productive partnerships in and out of marketing and work with diverse teams in an inclusive environment.
- Goal orientation and flexible responses to our evolving needs
- Experience using PowerPoint, Work, and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Previous work experience in Marketing Strategy, Consumer Package Goods Brand Management, Advertising Account Management, Business/Program Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or Equivalent
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.