Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Marketing Strategy Intern, Disney Meetings, FL, Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 740826BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 11, 2020
Disney Meetings & Events offers excellence and innovation to help groups achieve their business goals, no matter where in the world they want to hold their next meeting, convention or private event. From the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, to the Disneyland Resort in California, to the Aulani Resort in Hawaii, to international destinations such as Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland Paris, Disney Meetings & Events offers groups unparalleled venues, onsite accommodations, spectacular entertainment, full-service catering and event production resources, and more.
The Marketing Strategy Professional Intern will be a part of a dynamic team where they will support and gain exposure to multiple marketing disciplines, including brand marketing and strategy, creative development, social media, website development, campaign management, paid/digital media, CRM, public relations, and special event execution.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life of a Marketing Strategy Intern...
- Partner with various cross-functional teams to ensure that our presence across marketing, advertising and communication channels supports key Disney Meetings & Events business objectives
- Assist in writing blog posts, social media posts, and other content for a variety of communications channels.
- Support the management of several Disney Meetings & Events social platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and The Disney Meetings& Events blog.
- Provide project management and trafficking support for communication and content-marketing initiatives.
- Support creative efforts, including online and offline collateral development, photo and video shoots
- Track and monitor media placements, industry trends, and social-media benchmarks. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns or media coverage to maximize results and help evolve marketing or issues management strategy.
- Assist with multiple sales tools and the development and/or updates of those tools
- Support the team with research and data analytics when needed
- Attend internal/external client meetings, assist with special projects as needed and provide general administrative support.
- May support other tactics of sister group marketing teams as needed.
Basic Qualifications:You have...
- Previous internship or professional job experience in Events, Hospitality, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, Advertising, Mass Communications, Journalism or similar
- Proven demonstrated knowledge of Associated Press writing and editing style
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Mac OS, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong social media / digital knowledge with an understanding and passion for emerging digital trends and technologies
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written communication and project-management skills
- Demonstrated creative skills, especially with a focus on creative writing
- Strong partnering and relationship skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities
Preferred Qualifications:Nice to have...
- Prior Participation in the Disney College Program and/or working knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator) to create and edit graphics, photos, etc.
Required EducationYou are...
Currently enrolled in a college or university as an undergraduate or graduate student, earning a degree/major in Hospitality Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, Mass Communications, Business or have graduated within 6 months of applying.
Additional Information:Materials Required:
***College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload your transcript:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: You must be fully available to intern from June 2020 - January 2021.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.