Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Marketing Strategy Intern, Disney Vacation Club, FL, Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524889BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 02/07/2018
Disney Vacation Club, Marketing Strategy Internship, Orlando
Disney Vacation Club® is a unique vacation ownership program designed with Disney fans in mind. The Disney Vacation Club Marketing Strategy team is responsible for leading branding initiatives, as well as the strategic development of marketing programs intended to drive business from targeted consumer segments. We partner heavily with numerous marketing disciplines including CRM, Advertising, Media and more.
ResponsibilitiesA Day In the Life..
The Disney Vacation Club Marketing Strategy intern will support and develop branding initiatives ranging from project management of Website, Online Media and CRM tactics to participation in the development of new strategic approaches to create new leads and ultimately drive sales. This intern will help design and execute strategies that entice consumers to learn more about Disney Vacation Club that are based in consumer insights, data, and business needs.
The intern will work closely with numerous discipline partners, subsequently offering rich exposure to all areas of Disney Vacation Club, including the Sales, Finance, Compliance and Operations departments.
Basic QualificationsYou Are/Have...
- Currently a Senior earning an undergraduate degree in marketing, business or related field with a minimum 3.0 Overall G.P.A.
- Basic understanding of marketing strategy
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong presentation and partnering skills
- Demonstrated strong project management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities with minimal direction
- Ability to handle confidential information and manage conflict to positive resolution
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or currently enrolled in MBA program
- Interest in pursuing a career in marketing with previous marketing internship experience
- Knowledge of the timeshare industry and Disney Vacation Club
- Good working knowledge of the Walt Disney World Resort
- Disney College Program Alumni
Required EducationYou are...
- Currently enrolled in a college or university as a undergraduate or graduate student, earning a degree/major in Marketing or in a MBA program or have graduated within 6 months of applying.
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
You must be fully available to intern from June 2018 - January 2019.
A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.