Medical and Crew Logistics Coordinator, Disney Cruise LineApply NowApply Later Job ID 827844BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 20, 2021
The desire to help people is in your bones: That's why you are applying for a position within Disney Health. Just imagine how great it would be to use your skills to help the people who "make the magic" at Sea. By joining the Disney Cruise Line shoreside medical services team, you will work with a dedicated team of medical professionals responsible for medical certificate and medical records management. Your role in the show will be to support all efforts associated with medial administration, tracking and use of a custom electronic medical record. The atmosphere is ever changing but if you have solid communication skills including award-winning telephone etiquette and the desire to join our "crew," please apply today! We proudly and happily welcome veterans of the US Armed Forces.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Medical Services at Disney Cruise Line.
If you have worked in a medical office or hospital or even a corporate office environment, most of your responsibilities will be familiar to you – think things like working in a shared mailbox, data uploads, tracking and uploading of medical certificate expiration dates, and creation of encounters in an electronic medical record [EMR] system.
You will make sure the highest standards of quality and confidentiality are always met, and will be as precise with your documentation as you are with everything else in your life. While you might be scheduled on weekends, your workday will be mostly "normal business hours." On any given day, you might:
- Manage Medical Services shared mailbox.
- Data upload and creation encounters in the Electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Collate and organize medical reports to upload
- Track and upload medical certificate expiration dates
- Compare end of contract dates against medical expiration dates for all new hires and returning Crew Members.
- Confirm that all embarking Crew Members on the manifest have valid medical certificates for the entire length of their contract. Notify the Labor Manager and Crew Office if any embarking Crew Member does not have a medical certificate valid for their entire crew contract length.
- Track immunization records, health questionnaires, and test results in the EMR.
- Verify all embarking Crew Member medical paperwork are accounted for and scanned into the EMR system.
- Schedule appointments for the shipboard medical team for certain itineraries.
- Schedule testing for embarking Crew, Vendors, and others
- Maintain accurate records by verifying and medical certification transactions to appropriate payment reimbursement.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in medical office or corporate environment
- Proficient in basic computer software
- Experience using professional speech and phone etiquette skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate organizational skills with attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality
- Partner with Shipboard, Shoreside, and External Partners
- Experience prioritizing workloads that fluctuate quickly
- Two years experience in healthcare or health-related field
- Medical Terminology
- Experience and strong understand of the Maritime industry
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.