Medical Services Manager, RNApply NowApply Later Job ID 887056BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 17, 2021
We proudly and happily welcome veterans of the US Armed Forces.
The Medical Services Manager is the shore side partner to the shipboard Medical Services Operating Participant - who provide the medical team staffing and equipment/supply formulary, and manage the daily operations of the shipboard Health Center.
As a Medical Services Manager, you would provide overall support to the Medical Services Operating Participant. This will include case management to the ships during medical emergencies providing guest service and family assistance during Guest/Crew medical emergencies; medical case management of Crew cases including the approval of medical certification for new and returning Crew; and purchase support for supplies and equipment requests.
Every day as a Medical Services Manager for Disney Cruise Line many be slightly different however on most days your overall responsibilities will be:
- You will provide 24/7 assistance in medical evacuation arrangements, and one-to-one Crew care assistance services
- Provide facets of strategic direction and hands-on management and support for the Shipboard and Island medical operations
- Managing in partnership with the Medical Services Operating Participant staffing and logistics of contracts and coverage of providers
- Prepare for internal and external audits of the medical center including Bahamas Maritime Authorities, Coast Guard
- Maintain consistency within the fleet and appropriate non-medical LOG
- Uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System for areas of responsibility
- Maintaining case management for medically disembarked Crew ashore
- Provide support in reviewing of applicant/returning Crew Physicals to determine if medical certificates meets ILO/IMO requirement
- Verify vaccination status of those embarking the ship
When it comes to specific Guest Care, you will:
- Work with Shore side and Shipboard Guest Service to monitor Guest letters; identify trends, take action as appropriate during a Guest medical debark or other medical situation
- Provide 24/7 assistance in medical evacuation arrangements, and one-to-one guest and family assistance services.
- Assist in leading indirect reports to define, communicate and achieve specific goals in the areas of Guest Satisfaction, operational and financial excellence and productivity.•
- Maintain Medevac providers list and monitor availability to respond.
When it comes to specific Operating Participant Management, you will:
- Manage the relationship and function collaboratively with the Medical Services Operating Participant
- Monitor Medical Services Operating Participant compliance with contract including the rotation of MDs and RNs per services agreement
- Train contracted nurses and physicians on Safety MS and Operating Guidelines
When it comes to Medical Operations, you will:
- Manage the list of on board medical equipment including Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- Ensure all maintenance is performed on medical equipment on board, (Including AEDs)
Basic Qualifications:You Have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Active Florida Registered Nurse license
- A Florida Driver's license
- Experience in technical writing and produce operational documents
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Proven experience and understanding of the Maritime industry Knowledge of cruise line operations and global healthcare services
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a position with increasing responsibility; experience in healthcare management or process improvement
- Strong administration background with ability to flex to clinical functions
- Business and medical acumen
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Active Florida Registered Nurse license
- MSN or MBA
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.