Mgr-Exec CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 7030148320220121 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 19, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Manager of Executive Communications provides strategic communications planning, guidance and support to the senior leaders of Disney Signature Experiences (Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures by Disney, National Geographic Expeditions, Emerging Businesses, Golden Oak and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa). This role is an excellent opportunity to showcase strong management and strategic planning skills, superior writing abilities and professional versatility in delivering wide-ranging communications for complex business needs.
The manager will lead a team of executive communications professionals responsible for creating high-quality content (speeches, video, email, social media) and actionable engagement strategies related to business goals and organizational culture. The team works closely with Public Affairs and Human Resources partners across Disney Signature Experiences, Disney Parks, Experiences & Products and The Walt Disney Company to ensure close coordination and integration on projects. The role requires frequent interaction with high-level executives, and candidates should have experience interfacing with senior leaders and be comfortable acting as an advisor and thought partner.
Day-to-day responsibilities include developing, organizing and implementing integrated communications programs as well as writing and preparing content with an emphasis on creating speeches/presentations for targeted audiences. The position requires big-picture thinking with the hands-on ability to deliver creative materials that drive engagement and innovation.
- Develop strategic executive communications and engagement plans that drive the business priorities of Disney Signature Experiences
- Oversee the development of speeches, video scripts, media messaging, quotes, editorial content, organizational announcements and other forms of communication for the president of DSE and other senior executives
- Work with key partners across The Walt Disney Company to research topics, gather key message points and time communication
- Plan and manage Town Halls, Crew Assemblies and other Cast and Crew events, accompanying speaker(s) to events and providing on-site support
- Manage all phases of projects (including approvals) through completion
- Manage and oversee creation of all audio-visual support for executive speakers
- Advise leaders proactively on appropriate communication topics, audiences, forums, etc.
- Coach speakers on public-speaking skills
- Manage library of biographies, photos and other content for senior leaders, and update as needed
- At least 7 years of professional speechwriting or corporate communications experience
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate complicated concepts into clear, compelling language for audiences ranging from key stakeholders to media to consumers
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective executive communication content requiring minimal editing and rework
- A commitment to working in ways that support and encourage diversity and inclusion
- A highly collaborative approach and the ability to manage constantly changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Previous experience with The Walt Disney Company including in-depth knowledge of Disney business and organizational sensitivities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.