Mgr-TechnologyApply NowApply Later Job ID 956139BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 22, 2022
- Provide technical oversight and lead Retail & Restaurant Technology platform team to deliver and deploy high quality applications, services, and support in a distributed systems environment with goals to ensure highly reliable, resilient, and cost-effective retail and restaurant technology platform.
- Manage and optimize delivery of sustainment and project efforts overseeing Point-of-sale (POS) and Commerce-related systems including the budgeting, resource planning, go-live support, and production transitions.
- Technical Management of external vendor relationships and their deliverables
- Managing support agreements with managed service providers and ongoing optimization of existing agreements.
- Drive continuous improvement including monitoring functions and deliverables for efficiencies and optimization. This also includes recommending retooling for repetitive work being performed by the team and driving towards a proactive support model.
- Leads team of salaried cast members working on various projects by providing oversight, direction and, development, and career coaching
- Guiding your team though conflict resolution by demonstrating technical leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
- Designing and building a roadmap for delivering a world class support model for the retail and restaurant technology space.
- Act as the key point of contacts for business escalations of support requests and challenges.
- Review, augment, and build KPIs for responsible systems, making them available utilizing existing visualization tools or implement new where needed such as Splunk, DataDog, ELK
- Responsible for contributing to technical analysis, effort estimation, product and system design, evaluating architectural fit and compliance with support focus.
- Meeting with stakeholders, vendor partners and customers on a recurring basis to review team priorities, execution, and pertinent business and delivery updates.
- Acting as key interface with the audit teams for the PCI and SOX annual compliance requirements and audits
- Growing a culture focused on Cast well-being, diversity, inclusion, quality, and Guest-centricity
- Support on-call response to critical technology issues.
- Highly enthusiastic leader with ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter with ability to navigate ambiguity.
- 7+ years of technical engineering work, hardware and software experience in a Retail environment, including hands-on technical management and oversight delivering web, mobile-based and distributed software solutions, API design, implementation, and product sustainment.
- 4+ years of experience leading an infrastructure team working on complex, enterprise scale applications (scale of fortune 100).
- 4+ years of handling incident management with proven track record of reduction of incidents in a retail / F&B / hospitality environment.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) including skills/knowledge gained from a cloud fundamentals certification and identify areas of improvements and opportunities (comparable to that of CompTIA Network+)
- Solid network fundamentals knowledge in how distributed systems are connected and designed
- Skills and knowledge gained comparable to that of a CompTIA A+ certification including Android
- Proficient in understanding and applying ITSM / ITIL
- Demonstrate experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including software engineers, system and platform engineers, software architects and technical project managers.
- Knowledge of Traditional and Agile software development lifecycles and methodologies.
- Proven ability to work with leaders to track and manage financials, including team budget, resource cost forecasting, hardware/software maintenance payments, contractor invoices, identifying coverage gaps, and funds to close those gaps.
- Proven success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on-time and on-budget.
- Passionate about innovation and striving for simple solutions to address complex problems.
- Highly organized with excellent documentation skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal customer centric skills, who flourishes with tight schedules, has the capability to solve complex problems, and thrives in our high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience with (fortune 100) large-scale Retail and/or Food and Beverage POS, Payment platforms, Kitchen Routing, and Omni-Channel Commerce systems and technologies.
- Experience with Service Now, JIRA, Confluence, Keynote, MS Office, Visio, or equivalent diagraming tool
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing, VPN, LAN/WAN topologies, Active Directory, backups, and disaster recovery
- Prior POS project experience including configuration and deployment
- Troubleshooting skills that span systems, networks and code utilizing tools such as wireshark
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, information systems, math, or related field/work experience.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.