Network EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725421BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Nov. 19, 2019
Disney Cruise Line has a dedicated team of Network Engineers responsible for the availability and stability of shipboard network services, 210 Celebration Lab, and Castaway Cay. This enterprise-scale network infrastructure includes layer 2 and layer 3 switches, routers, load balancing and acceleration equipment, wireless, and network security devices such as IPS and firewalls. The Network Engineer will apply his or her technical experience in these technologies to support network solutions in the service of providing guests and crew, as well as peer teams a great experience. The network engineer will work under the supervision of the senior network engineers and the network engineering lead.
- Conduct day-to-day maintenance and administration of routers, switches, wireless systems, authentication servers, firewalls and IDS installations.
- Assist in identifying root causes of operational issues, resolves problems and/or recommends short term and long-term mitigation of issues.
- Work with business units to develop requirements, suggest solutions to operational requests, and drive project completion based on business timelines.
- Assist in completing firmware and hardware projects under the direction of senior network engineers.
- Assist in setting up monitoring plans to allow for proactive work to avoid degradation or outages, develop plans based on RFO to prevent recurrent issues.
- Participate in the development of best practices, validation, and adherence.
- Participate in the development of large technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
- Work with the network team to ensure operational excellence.
- Participate in rotating weekly on call assignments.
- Work operational tickets for both incidents and requests, adhering to company standard practices for change control and administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field or related work experience.
- Must have working knowledge of current WAN/LAN technologies, wireless infrastructure, DNS/DHCP, load-balancers (F5, AVI, Citrix, etc), WAN Accelerators (Riverbed)
- Working knowledge of WAN routing protocols, to include OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, route redistribution, experience with Satellite systems a plus.
- Understanding and hands on knowledge of Cisco security implementations (ISE, TACACS+, Software Defined Access, DNA)
- 3+ years of experience in an Enterprise network environment (multisite, multilayer, datacenter, LAN/WAN)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new products and methodologies.
- 20% travel, including international travel.
- Cisco Network Associate level certifications.
- Previous experience in Cruise Line Industry
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.