Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Photography Internship, Yellow Shoes FL, Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 740475BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 22, 2020
“We make magic.”
That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Responsibilities:A Day in the life…
- Gain experience in every area of photography from award winning professionals
- Work in a consistently changing environment assisting with event set-up, photo retouch, and potential projects
- Use your creative photography knowledge to help create one of a kind memories
Basic Qualifications:You Bring…
- Specific college training in photography; Proficient understanding of technical skills in digital photography
- Photography studio experience or equivalent
- Photographic coverage of celebrity/VIP visits for PR/Social Media
- Understanding of digital cameras; Nikon or other professional model
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- A valid U.S. driver’s license
- The ability to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Be able to walk long distances for multiple hours in the same day
- Be able to stand in one place for multiple hours in the same day
- Able to be in direct sunlight for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment for all seasons
- Adobe Photoshop (knowledge of PhotoMechanic is a plus!)
- Digital camera systems (preferably Nikon)
- Studio lighting systems (DynaLite, ProFoto, BronColor)
- Digital photo montage development
- Windows and Macintosh environments
- Junior, Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree in commercial photography or photo-journalism OR have graduated within 6 months
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**To upload your transcript:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript or Portfolio
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.