Planner - Infrastructure, Disney Vacation ClubApply NowApply Later Job ID 862560BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
- Oversee new construction, facility support, rehabs and maintenance of existing locations
- Be the essential contact to FAM, WDI and several Disneyland / WDW Resort partners on behalf of new DVC infrastructure builds
- Work with Sales Leadership to determine our goals
- Manage with creative and facilities partners to maintain goals. Translate any updates on progress and present back to Sales Leadership and Executives
- Be the contact with multiple Resort partners; brainstorm new opportunities to build
- Perform show-quality inspections and assessment of the DVC kiosk locations, backstage office space and Aulani model home to verify they are kept show ready
- Arrange and coordinate maintenance work with several vendors. Including obtaining estimates, scheduling work, and project management of the requirements for completion of all work
- Track all notes and milestones in Workfront
- Plan and maintain a yearly budget for repairs/refresh of all locations
- Write purchase order requests for repairs/refresh, equipment, materials for all locations. Complete all receiving on these POs to ensure vendors are paid.
- Assist other DVC areas with projects or work
- Be knowledgeable of partners' strengths to use the correct team to complete work
- Develop a network across property and with outside vendors who will be responsive to our needs and cost-effective
- Sometimes moving heavy items like bookstands or workstations on and off stage
- Guide progress of each project by scheduling meeting for core partners and holding to important milestones
- Basic knowledge of building construction practices and materials
- Minimum 1 year experience with construction and project management processes and purchasing/contract management
- Understanding of construction finance (budgets, capital vs. expense)
- Ability to problem-solve and make decisions
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Exceptional negotiating and influencing abilities
- Previous project planning experience
- Proficient in reading and understanding blue prints
- Proficient in CAD software
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products,Disney Vacation Club.
Disney Vacation Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.