Principal Architect, Guest Profile Solutions
Kissimmee, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 916351BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
Job Summary:The Data Science & Engineering team provides data platforms, tools, pipelines and products across Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. We are responsible for desiging, developing and managing critical data, data science and analytics solutions and platforms for businesses groups across the segment, including Parks & Resorts and Consumer Products.
You will be working in a complex, challenging, fast-paced and innovative environment, with other like-minded architects, engineers and product managers who are building next generation Guest profile and identity solutions for The Walt Disney Company and enabling digital and physical transformation initiatives across the segment. Our architects and engineers are diverse, smart, curious, innovative, solutions-oriented, respectful, highly collaborative and continuous learners.
This Principal Architect position is a key architect roles on the Data Science and Engineering team . This is a critical technology and leadership role, responsible for the architecture of major data and analytics solutions for Guest Profile and Identity across DPEP.
- Architecting and delivering high-performance, highly-scalable and flexible, cost-effective, cloud-based Guest Profile and Identity solutions
- Translating business requirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions
- Collaborates closely with peers, leaders and business partners across the organization
- Designing and documenting data architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
- Performing third-party vendor assessments and developing and leading proof-of-concept projects
- Keeping fluent in the industry and marketplace evolution--staying current with vendor product offerings and common and emerging data solutions in use across the industry; continuously learning new data technologies and introducing these into the organization
- 10+ years experience architecting big data solutions
- Expertise architecting and delivering end-to-end data solutions
- Experience architecting and developing cloud data solutions in multiple technologies (Snowflake, AWS, GCP) preferred
- AWS components such as: EC2, Redshift, SageMaker, Kinesis, Data Firehose, S3, and Lambda
- Docker and serverless deployments using containerization
- Experience with standing up API frameworks delivering low-latency services on large datasets
- Experience architecting and delivering data integration, ELT and ETL solutions
- Experience designing and developing performance-optimized data models
- Experience designing and developing data pipelines, both batch and streaming
- Experience with Data Science and predictive analytics preferred
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Strong communication and executive presentation skills; ability to communicate well to both technical and business audiences at the executive level
- Expertise architecting and developing solutions in Snowflake
- Expert knowledge and experience with guest profile and identity management solutions
- Proficiency in data security
- Strong leadership skills
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline or related field
- Masters degree in technology discipline or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.