Principal Data Solutions Architect
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 848598BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 03, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Data Solutions team is part of the Core Systems & Platforms group in the Enterprise Technology organization. We are responsible for architecting, developing and managing critical enterprise data and analytics solutions and platforms for businesses groups across The Walt Disney Company.
You will be working in a complex, challenging, fast-paced and innovative environment, with other like-minded architects, engineers and business professionals who are building the next-gen enterprise data solutions for The Walt Disney Company and enabling major digital transformation initiatives in Finance and HR. Our architects and developers are diverse, smart, curious, innovative, solutions-oriented, respectful, highly collaborative and continuous learners.
This Principal Data Solutions Architect position is a key architect roles on the Data Solutions team . This is a strong technology and leadership role, responsible for the architecture of major enterprise data and analytics solutions for businesses across TWDC.
- Architecting and delivering high-performance, highly-scalable and flexible, cost-effective, cloud-based enterprise business data and analytics solutions
- Translating business requirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions
- Collaborates closely with peers, leaders and business partners across the organization
- Designing and documenting data architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
- Performing third-party vendor assessments and developing and leading proof-of-concept projects
- Keeping fluent in the industry and marketplace evolution--staying current with vendor product offerings and common and emerging data solutions in use across the industry; continuously learning new data technologies and introducing these into the organization
- 10+ years experience architecting enterprise data solutions
- Expertise architecting and delivering end-to-end data solutions
- Expertise in architecting and developing data warehouse solutions, especially for enterprise reporting and analytics applications
- Expertise architecting and developing solutions in Snowflake
- Experience architecting and developing cloud data solutions in multiple technologies (Snowflake, AWS, Azure, Google, HANA) preferred
- Experience architecting and delivering data integration and ETL solutions
- Experience designing and developing performance-optimized data models
- Experience with BI & data analytics tools preferred
- Experience with Data Science and predictive analytics preferred
- Experience with HR and Finance applications preferred
- Proficiency in data security
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication and executive presentation skills; ability to communicate well to both technical and business audiences
- BS Computer Science or related technology field
- MS Computer Science or related technology field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.