Product & Engineering ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7119033120220522 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
"We make magic." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you will help inspire that magic by allowing our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
You will be a part of the Core Systems and Platforms team within the Enterprise Technology organization, and will join our team will be part of a data transformation journey to facilitate and enable the ongoing quality and delivery of well governed metadata about The Walt Disney Company’s IP assets. You will be responsible for the quality of delivery of existing applications as well as new features and applications that take advantage of both on premise and cloud hosted platforms. You also must forge and maintain strong relationships with the a partner product team within the Corporate Brand Management as well as the content supply chain within the Disney Media and Distribution teams.
In this role you will facilitate scope definition, solutioning and prioritization for execution on a wide range of projects for the Characters, Titles and More (CTaM). In addition you will help manage the product backlog as well as facilitate support and troubleshooting of customer impacting issues and work required to maintain uptime and availability of CTaM.
- Overall solution definition and delivery schedule for multiple features and projects associated to the CTaM product
- Partner and advise business and peer technical teams across TWDC on roadmaps and technical capabilities of the CTaM Platform
- Maintain solution architecture and target delivery state documentation
- Set and maintain the backlog and executation schedule for outsourced nearshore / offshore development team
- Program and Technical Project Management – establishes and manages project plans, timelines and budgets.
- Drive for on-time delivery of all aspects of projects within the CTaM Program. Consistently evaluate and improve the project plan, course correct for incoming/new prioritization and dependencies.
- Oversees the requirements process; ensures traceability of high-level requirements throughout the program. Participates in data analysis activities as needed.
- Leads or participates in the assessment of potential new opportunities, analyzing scope at a high-level and work with Business, Technology or Functional managers to agree on project approach, business cases, risk assessments, funding requirements, and resource/capability needs.
- Accountable for accurate forecasting, tracking and adherence to overall CTaM program budget. Understand and articulate challenges, assumptions, timelines and expenses across the projects and at the program level.
- Manages project variance and root cause analysis, develops risk mitigation / issue management plans with the objective to meet the financial targets.
- Ensures effective, proactive and open communications, horizontally and vertically, in order to achieve transparency and clarity of program goals, progress and issues.
- Supports and actively works to create a healthy work team environment- bringing a measured response along with transparency and discipline to active discussions and communications.
- Ensure the technical currencty of the CTaM platform is kept up to date and considered as part of overall roadmap and planning
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ Years in Technical Project Management, Program Management or Software Engineering Management roles for large/enterprise software companies including financial, technical and business stakeholder executive facilitation
- Proven experience in managing complex technical projects (complex in terms of the number of stakeholders, application and implementation are simple)
- 5+ Years in big data platform, Messaging Platforms, MDM, Cloud and microservices architecture
- Strong background in managing complex interdependent data workflows to enable Master Data Management and Data Qualityƒs
- Strong understanding of data governance and data messaging platforms including Cloud
- Minimum of 5 years enterprise experience with data pipelines, integration, data sharing and data quality
- Functional knowledge of modern data integration and sharing techniques
- Golden records / Master data management platforms such as Informatica MDM / DQ
- Unstructured data integration (batch, micro-batches, real-time data streaming) across Messaging, RDMSs, NoSQL (MongoDB, Hbase)
- Experienced in “Data” project managements using Agile, Iterative and/or Waterfall SDLC Methodologies
- Experienced in extracting and documenting data and analytic requirements, working across all levels of users from senior executives to analysts
- Creation, and presentation of complicated interdependent solution architecture and detailed technical design documentation
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with strong writing and speaking skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage large programs with multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Strong program/project financial management skills including forecasting
- Experience with resource allocation tracking across program/projects
- Proven experience in managing complex technical projects with complexity across stakeholders, mutli-functional teams, requirements, and implementations.
- Ability to think logically, communicate clearly, and be well organized
- At least 7 years of hands-on software development in large scale and complex integration environments
Required Education :
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in Program/Portfolio Management
Additional Information :
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.