Product Manager, Marketing and Advertising TechnologyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714286BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 23, 2020
Got what it takes? You can directly impact the business and the entertainment industry as a whole. We have opportunities to work on a variety of fascinating projects across all business verticals. Come join a world-class team that grows smarter and stronger every day. Our team captures scaled returns to learning by constantly teaching and reinforcing each other, and we welcome new minds to expand our knowledge and skill network.
If you’re passionate about creating robust and scalable data products that fuel a Marketing & Advertising Technology (MAdTech) ecosystem, come join us! We are looking for a Product Manager who has experience with marketing and advertising technologies, who is capable of breaking down and solving complex business problems with data, tools, and connections. You will work as part of an agile team for development, technical thought leadership, and delivery of features and capabilities for the ecosystem.
- Champion a product vision, strategy, and roadmap across a highly matrixed organization
- Drive teams toward a shared vision with velocity and possess a bias toward action in the face of ambiguity
- Work closely with Marketing, AdOps, Data Science, Solution Architect, Data Developers, Product Engineering, etc. to align on and articulate the desired requirements, roadmap, and execution plan
- Lead each of these stakeholder groups with credibility and confidence while driving consensus and delivering results
- Understand and influence business priorities as well as technical architecture
- Spearhead product discovery and execution for large, complex projects
- Understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and evaluate new ideas with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Communicate with clarity and cater messages to various audiences from Executives to Engineers with an innate ability to reduce complex ideas down to a simple narrative
- Serve as the primary communicator between stakeholders and the team, utilizing feedback loops to ensure continuous sharing of information
- Working with Senior Product Owner, establish product roadmap that define a strategic view of where the MAdTech product(s) are headed over the mid to long term
- Help to build alignment with key stakeholders to secure support for product roadmap and ensure continuous validation of features and stories
- With support, establish product release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities
- Actively manages and negotiates external dependencies and impediments that could affect the team’s completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Participate in scrum ceremonies (Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and longer-term planning exercises (Road Mapping, Release Planning)
- Continually enhance knowledge of systems, products, and industry
- Participate in the internal Product Owner Community of Practice and other team-sharing forums to exchange knowledge, skills and ideas with people across the organization
- Partner with the Scrum Master and Senior Product Owner to manage budget. Seeks input from Senior Product Owner when needed to manage and prioritize budget spend
- 3+ years of experience in the broad MarTech, AdTech, or MAdTech space (e.g. AdServer, DMPs, CDP, DAMs, DCO, SSPs, Programmatic, SEM, SEO, Social, Influencers, Marketing Automation)
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to explain complex concepts in a simplified way
- Experience working with Media Agencies, Ad Platforms, and DSPs is a plus
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization
- A self-starter with a passion for technology and innovation
- Knowledge of and/or experience with writing effective user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience driving large cross-organizational and cross-location projects with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, MIS, Business or a related field
- Master's Degree, Product Manager Certification (e.g. Certified Product Manager (CPM), Certified Product Marketing Manager (CPMM)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.