Already applied?View Dashboard
Project Coordinator (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 694570BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 06, 2019
This position reports to the Manager, Workforce Technology, who is a part of the central program management office engaged to drive oversight, coordination, status, issue and risk resolution across the program.
This role will be responsible for coordinating project activities under the direction of the program managers. This individual will work closely with members of Workforce Technology and EBS, as well as clients, external vendors and consultants. The ideal candidate for this role would have experience as either a project coordinator, events coordinator, or administrative assistant looking to be exposed project management.
- Participates in project meetings
- Schedules and coordinates project meetings
- Schedules project activities with project resources and vendors
- Coordinates site and building access for project activities
- Creates meeting notes and minutes and updates project action item list, issues and risk lists, and risk management plan
- Prepares meeting materials
- Streamlines documentation to improve accessibility and consistency
- Ensure action plans from meetings are executed
- Ensure project management tools are kept up to date and timely with project progress and changes and alert manager of off-track tasks
- 1-3 years experience supporting project managers in the delivery of enterprise multi-year, cross-functional installation projects
- 1-3 years experience coordinating large multi-coast events
- Basic knowledge of SAAS Vendor Application Implementations
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, & SharePoint
- Working Knowledge of MS Project
- Familiar with enterprise workflow systems such as SAP, ServiceNow & Workday
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and process multiple data streams
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in complex, large program environment
- Interested in all aspects of technology and project management
- Sense of confidence
- Team player, able to work well and efficiently with cross-functional teams
- Eagerness to learn and contribute in a team environment
- Quick learner when given minimal direction
- 3+ years of full project lifecycle management (requirements development through implementation)
- 3+ years working with Software As a Service (SAAS) Applications supporting the configuration, testing or equivalent as a business analyst
- 1+ years performing Project Management tasks either as a workstream leader or overall Project Manager
- Demonstrated success in previous project coordination role
- Proven success in collaborating with 3rd party vendors to achieve results
- Project management certification
- Business analysis certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, (or equivalent and/or experience)
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Business Management or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.