Project Hire Assistant Manager LicensingApply NowApply Later Job ID 10048036 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted May 22, 2023
From toys to apparel, books to games, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, 20CS, National Geographic and Star Wars, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
The Assistant Manager Licensing role is a Project Hire role and reports to the Sr. Manager of Licensing within Marvel & Lucasfilm Hardlines products team.
On any given day, you might:
- Assist in defining and driving the North American business strategy for licensee sub- categories for Marvel & Lucasfilm Hardlines products
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats and dynamics
- Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs.
- Inform and guide licensees in the execution of all regional brand marketing initiatives. Integrate licensees within wider brand and marketing plans
- Work with Franchise team to provide category/business input to strategic and brand planning
- Complete analysis and help develop presentations in support of brand and category management
- Partner with Global Brand team develop and promote product lines that support DCPI’s critical initiatives
- Provide OPA/ASGARD oversight to ensure marketing strategies are reflected in product submissions and ensure licensee product lines reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives
- With Sales team define and plan product development for retailer exclusive products
- Liaise with the Internal Retail Teams to define account promotional/marketing plans and ensure licensee participation
- Provide all needed product and licensee information to the sales and marketing teams to support retail road shows and presentations
- Partner with sales in assortment / retail planning / sales pitches where relevant
- Proactively engage internal PR and Social Media teams to drive awareness of key product lines
- 3 + years of related experience
- Strong understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Experience or high level of curiosity about the Toys category
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks/assignments
- Strong communication/presentation/influencing skills
- Teammate with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical/strategic problem solver
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Experience: Knowledge of the brands Star Wars & Marvel
This position is located in Celebration, FL. Note: This is a temporary assignment with no guarantee of placement.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.