Project-Product AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 658624BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 10, 2019
Job Summary:The Product Analyst will support the Product team in understanding and executing the strategic direction for digital entertainment and gaming products in support of the Technology and Digital team within the Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products segment
This is a 30 Month project position
- The Product Analyst will be responsible for translating strategic direction into various document types, including requirement documents, user stories, and product specifications
- Responsible for understanding and executing the digital strategic direction of a product line as outlined by the Product team.
- Manages the feature development and defect backlog on a daily basis to ensure priorities adhere to the strategic direction outlined by the Product team
- Ensures the execution of creative assets developed in support of a feature, such as the visual design, content strategy and copywriting, adhere to the strategic vision
- Attends daily scrums with development studios to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks
- Supports multiple cross-functional teams/development studios to ensure a solid understanding of the defined scope
- Communicates changes in strategic direction or priority shifts to cross-functional teams
- Collaborates with organizations across The Walt Disney Company (Walt Disney Imagineering, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Parks, etc.) to build and manage scope expectations
- Translates the digital strategy into clearly prioritized user stories and business requirements. Ensures appropriate delivery of those requirements across the development lifecycle.
- Assists the Product team in translating the digital vision into presentations that will be shared with Executive audiences and partners across the Organization
- 4+ years’ experience working in the digital industry, preferably with experience delivering experiences for mobile app as well as web
- Experienced Product Owner, leading development teams to deliver business value with input from many stakeholders
- Champion the digital experience, advocating on the Guest's behalf, and working diligently to create a first-class experience for Disney guests
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative
- Ability to think out-of-the-box to achieve creative visions defined by Walt Disney Imagineering and Disney Entertainment stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate and influence decision making with all levels in the organization (business, executive, technical)
- Excellent professional relationship building skills
- Previous experience with any of the following is preferred, but not required: Product Management, Digital Experience, Game Design, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and drive resolution of complex critical issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.