Promotions ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738944BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 17, 2020
- Manage relationships with third party/internal partners; develop, pitch, and create/activate integrated marketing programs that drive business value and support key marketing strategies (60%). Manage non-salaried coordinators, admins, and other internal stakeholders (10%). Establish individual program spending and ensure that they are managed with excellence and within budget (10%). Recap and report-out program results upon program completion and use these learnings to establish stronger future strategies and programs (10%). Manage projects and ensure executional work is done with excellence to ensure program success (10%).
- This position requires a solid understanding of the cruise line business as a whole as well as Disney Cruise Line strategies and financial goals. Very strong relationship and negotiating skills are required. This position also requires top notch presentation and communication skills. This person should have good awareness of basic legal tenants related to promotional activation, and should have a broad background in developing and executing partner-based integrated marketing programs and promotions.
- This job will require work with an outside agency/consultant, and the ability to effectively manage work timelines and budgets with these entities is very important. This person will be responsible for providing status on their projects not only to leadership, but also internal stakeholders, peers, and support staff.
- This person has high decision-making and oversight of "owned" programs. They are responsible for their delivery and success, as defined by meeting the marketing and business goals. Minimum weekly interaction and communication is required with their leader, and daily - weekly minimum interaction with colleagues outside of their area. Weekly interactions with outside partners including senior executive cast with media and non-media partner entities. Occasional internal and external presentations are required, including updates to executives; a high degree of professional maturity and poise is needed.
- There is frequent interaction with internal and external partners to pitch and negotiate program ideas, and so the ability to envision success for both us and the partner to achieve our marketing and business goals is critical.
- Facilitate “road show” of products and opportunities to applicable synergy partners during regular syncs or special planning meetings.
- Follow up with Account Managers for assets, copy, messaging and deliverables
- Pitch new campaign and promotional ideas to Marketing teams for Business Unit priorities
- Create and maintain one-sheets for priorities for pitching to external partners
- Assist Director and VP on ad hoc presentations, one-sheets, and communications as it pertains to the business
- Collect, analyze, and summarize campaigns with an eye towards optimization of experiences
- Monitor landscape on an ongoing basis to identify trends, behaviors and inspire new and innovative opportunities
- 8 plus years’ experience in developing and executing partnership-based integrated marketing programs
- Strong knowledge of the travel industry in particular the cruise line business with an eye on the competitor landscape
- Passion for work and desire to want to pursue excellence in all they do
- Superior communication skills
- Professional poise and confidence
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to achieve mutual wins with partners
- Relationship-driven and fueled by the need to establish and maintain strong professional relationships
- Strong strategically and quantitatively with good analytical mind
- Must be able to adapt to rapidly shifting priorities in fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Team player
- Top-notch collaboration skills and ability effectively partner with business units across the company
- Experience in marketing, promotions, or advertising agency industry
- Experience in client/account management, entertainment, travel and hospitality is a plus
- Understanding of digital marketing techniques
- Demonstrates leadership ability
- Demonstrates strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills required
- Experience with emerging Internet technologies
- Must be enthusiastic about the Disney brand and the level of guest experience said brand provides
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.