Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Public Affairs Internship, Disney Signature Experiences Intern-Fall 19Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 627179BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line,Adventures by Disney, Disney Vacation Club, Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 22, 2019
The Public Affairs team is responsible for enhancing and protecting the reputation for Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, and Adventures by Disney. This means helping us tell stories about business practices, community outreach and Disney’s commitment to the environment across multiple internal and external communication platforms.
Be a part of the solution by helping monitor the latest industry headlines, track and clip media coverage and conduct research.
Put your creative skills to work by writing press releases and blog stories and generating content for social media platforms, the public affairs website (www.disneycruiselinepublicaffairs.com) and a variety of internal communication channels.
Utilize your leadership and partnering skills by coordinating the distribution of company news and photo/video shoots.
Basic Qualifications:You Bring
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
- Strong writing and research skills and knowledge of the media
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Work experience in public, media, or government relations and/or print, television, or online newsroom
- Experience with photo/video shoots
- Proven experience with social media in a professional or academic setting
- Verbal and written fluency with Spanish
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or a related major
- 3.0 G.P.A. or higher is required
Additional Information:Materials Required:
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered. **
**Also, in order to be considered you must submit a writing sample. You can choose the writing sample you would like to submit. It could be a project from school, an article you have written, social media excerpt, etc. This is completely up to you.**
To upload your writing sample:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the writing sample
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Writing Sample
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Writing Sample
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.