Public Relations ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10031039 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 25, 2023
The Public Relations Manager establishes strategy and implements all PR activities that support a myriad of Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Resorts, and other operations and lines of business. Success is measured in ability to drive relevant Disney stories and content across the full spectrum of mainstream media – print-digital, broadcast and related social channels, as well as select Disney-owned channels such as the Disney Parks Blog.
Working in a newsroom environment, the successful Manager brings strong creative skills to the role and is able to build relationships with journalists and other influential contacts. Success is also measured in ability to develop groundbreaking PR plans, execute one-of-a-kind events, and ideate creative new ways to garner media coverage. This Manager also collaborates closely with other Communications, Marketing and Operations teams. This position reports to a Walt Disney World Public Relations Sr Manager.
Job Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop story ideas and pitch local, regional and national consumer print-digital outlets and broadcasters, as well as select trade media
- Create and execute annual PR plans supporting specific Walt Disney World businesses
- Collaborate with Marketing Strategy, Promotions, Synergy and other marketing-promotional partners to ensure PR strategy and tactics align with broader Company business goals
- Work closely with PR Managing Editor and others to develop a broad range of assets such as photography, b-roll and produced video packages
- Partner with Walt Disney World Public Affairs, Content Creation and Digital Integration, and other teams to identify shared story opportunities and ways to maximize content
- Create special events that showcase new products and generate exposure (grand openings, press events, fams, etc.)
- Potentially manage relationships with Corporate Alliances, Operating Participants, third-party agencies, contract labor, etc.
- Ensure all content and its creation mirror Disney standards of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Minimum five years demonstrated experience in developing strategic and creative integrated PR communication plans
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or equivalent
- Outstanding content creation skills including news- and creative-writing and expertise managing photo-video productions
- Able to build effective relationships with news media, business partners, senior leaders and other influential individuals
- Working in a newsroom or pitching and/or writing for major US news outlets (print-digital, broadcast and related social)
- Experience planning and executing special events, such as grand openings, media stunts and site visits
- Capable of managing constantly changing work priorities in a deadline-oriented, time-sensitive environment
- Comfortable working with a wide range of leaders and personalities, from operations support personnel to senior executives
- History of developing and implementing PR plans and managing budgets
- Experience engaging celebrities is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus
- Knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort and related products preferred
- Skilled at identifying and leveraging new technologies to advance communication highly desirable
- Brings continual innovation and transformative thinking to the workplace while simultaneously maximizing mainstream media storytelling for the future
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.