Revenue Management Analyst – Food & Beverage and Bookable ExperienceApply NowApply Later Job ID 770757BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 19, 2021
As a Food and Beverage Revenue Management Analyst at Walt Disney World, you’ll wear many “ears” as part of our highly-dynamic and collaborative environment. A successful Revenue Management Analyst will have a natural curiosity on the key drivers of the business, continuously and expeditiously improving the Disney value proposition for our Guests, Cast, and Shareholders through comprehensive business insight and collaborative partnerships that deliver innovative and optimal analytical solutions. This position will develop, analyze and execute both revenue management strategies and specific tactics to maximize overall profitability in the Food & Beverage, Tours & Recreation, and Events Lines of Business for the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
In this role, you will understand and identify opportunities for revenue and profit growth, evaluate the financial impact of changes to the business, present revenue management decisions for a wide variety of venues, provide optimal utilization assumptions and yielding practices, develop macro and micro strategies, and manage seating templates for Signature, Character, and Table Service locations. Develop and maintain both ongoing and ad-hoc reporting, build and deliver presentations to partners and clients at various levels in the organization, monitor industry trends and competitive benchmarks, and assist with project management of key business initiatives. Develop and maintain positive service-oriented relationships with partners and clients.
The Food and Beverage Revenue Management Analyst currently reports to the Manager, F&B Revenue Management
Responsibilities:Every single day as a Revenue Management Analyst is different! On any one day you might:
- Perform detailed analyses using conceptual, statistical and financial techniques to evaluate the impact of new initiatives, measure performance and determine growth opportunities.
- Translate large data sets into actionable insights and story-telling presentations for key stakeholders.
- Lead the development, activation and measurement of key strategic initiatives.
- Analyze trends, patterns and irregularities in key metrics in order to drive business decisions.
- Actively engage in key partnerships/relationships across the company to ensure alignment and long term success across organizations.
- Project manage the implementation of approved initiatives, meeting with key partners to ensure a smooth activation.
- Minimum two to three years of work experience in business analysis and/or strategy development.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel, Tableau, SQL, and SAS
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills including product optimization and yielding
- Exceptional relationship and communication skills to effectively build partnerships, including ability to ask questions to gain understanding and influence others with differing points of view.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain a conceptual understanding of a complex situation and establish immediate credibility among partners
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced business environment and display professionalism and confidence in challenging situations
- Ability to translate complex ideas into compelling and insightful recommendations through written and verbal presentations to senior leaders
- Self-directed, proactively anticipating business needs and engaging key stakeholders
- Solutions-oriented mindset and commitment to achieving team objectives
- Experience collecting and analyzing data and reporting on the results using Excel or a statistical software package
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- +2 years in a role with data analysis experience
- Exceptional business acumen with proven strategic thinking, creative problem-solving skills, and strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated data analytics skills with proficiency in associated database applications in one or more of the following: SQL, SAS, and Tableau
- Demonstrated knowledge of Disney Theme Park & Resorts operations, business units, and product offerings and data sources
- Prior experience in the areas of revenue management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Marketing, Statistics, Finance, Economics or other related analytical quantitative field
- Master's degree or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.