Already applied?View Dashboard
Security Operations Training Manager, Disney Cruise LineApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715182BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Oct. 30, 2019
- Primary responsibility of overseeing ship and island security training. Provide shore and ship training and equipment support for Security Officers and Security Guards onboard Disney Cruise Line vessels.
- Provides input to the Director of Security and Emergency Management for the hiring, training, development and performance evaluations of the ship Security Officers.
- Act as Deputy Company Security Officer and fulfill the duties of Company Security Officer in the event the Company Security Officer and other Deputy Security Officers are unavailable.
- Provide training and guidance for Shipboard Security Officers, onboard security staff, including drug and alcohol testing and training, specialized equipment training and any other training deemed relevant for the role.
- Responsible for managing Trefox and Simfox virtual web-site X-ray training.
- Assist the Director of Security and Emergency Management to manage security training and equipment vendor contracts and assist in development of new contracts as the business requires.
- Assist the Director of Security and Emergency Management in the development of security amendments to Safety Management System (SMS) policy and ship security plans prior to sending to the company’s Recognized Security Organization for final approval.
- Assist with regular reviews of the vessel Ship Security Plan (SSP)/Ship Security Assessment (SSA).
- Travels/sails regularly onboard vessels providing support, consistency, and continuous review of security training and safety operations onboard.
- Maintain the Company’s internal security training plans, updating topics and sources of training as required.
- Develop and conduct security training courses as qualified to do so, for shoreside Cast, and shipboard Officers and Crew.
- Ensure quality assurance of all security equipment maintenance and support ship needs for equipment maintenance and repair in partnership with Technical Operations Manager.
- Verify all security equipment is documented in Asset Management Operating System (AMOS) and provide and support ship needs for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Provides guidance to the fleet’s Security Officers as to the professional training schedules and the annual external training course selections.
- Work with the Security Technical Specialist to develop and record all maintenance of security records. Monitor and provide guidance of technical fleet-wide training on security systems.
- 10+ years related experience
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience with cruise ship security training
- Significant experience with cruise ship security equipment
- Familiarity with cruise ship security programs
- Familiarity with reviewing and interpreting regulations, guidelines, and policies
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Proven ability to train others and lead a training team
- Proven ability to conduct administrative training research
- Familiar with cruise ship security practices and security programs
- Familiar with security program oversight
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Familiar with external threat planning
- Familiarity with maritime security investigations and port security
- Operational experience with cruise industry security standards and equipment
- Familiar with maritime regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Proven instructing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to extract key facts from complex written material
- Ability to work independently
- Strong partnering skills
Required EducationBachelor's degree or equivalent
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.