Senior Accounting Analyst, Tax and ComplianceApply NowApply Later Job ID 776908BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 14, 2021
Responsibilities:The role supports the PTP Controls & Compliance team by ensuring tax related compliance and filing with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation. This role requires a keen eye for detail with a working knowledge of tax reporting requirements tied to IRS regulations. Ability to partner with Corporate Tax team and leadership to keep up to date on requirements and implementation
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze financial transactions and information in SAP and other control systems for given Business Units and Vendors
- Perform vendor data analysis for risk and quality (inclusive of fraud prevention, risk mitigation, and compliance)
- Responsible for assigned account reconciliations including analysis of general ledgers
- Responsible for audit of invoices for potential other financial implications including large sum payments
- Responsible for identifying and reversing potential incorrect transactions
- Adherence and up to date review of IRS regulations related to reporting needs to include but not limited to 1099 and 1042 reporting.
- Assist with other tasks in Tax & Compliance as needed
- Partner with vendors and internal stakeholders to make necessary improvements
- Analyze metrics and design reports to help drive critical business decisions
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting or financial related field
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Completes moderately complex to complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiative
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programs, applications, processes and provide process improvement ideas
- Must have the ability to function with large units of data, identify and rectify errors, interpret monetary records, and manage financial reports, following established regulations, principles and rules
- Experience with Microsoft office products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated Analytical/Critical Thinking skills
- Demonstrated SAP knowledge
- Demonstrated Accounts Payable knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Open and available to work longer hours during busy seasons
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.