Senior Accounting AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 775411BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 01, 2021
The Senior Accounting Associate is responsible for reviewing balances on a daily basis and applying payments (wire, checks, etc.) to the proper G/L, or customer, accounts. The cast member will validate receivable in our accounting system, process payment applications to the proper invoices, and communicate any variances to leaders and third party clients. The position interacts on a continuous basis with the accounts receivable team, collections, financial systems, and sales. The Senior Accounting Associate will also track against balances, make recommendations on actions for outstanding balances, and process refunds when applicable. This role could support more than one line of business and any discrepancies may need to be communicated with the applicable group, Sales team, or Credit and Collections representative.
- Ensure cash deposit are applied to the appropriate accounts and product types (Groups, Operating Participant’s, and other lines of business) via lockbox (checks, wires, etc)
- Apply Non-Zero balance payments and clear invoices
- Apply reservation payments, pre-payments, and other advances to appropriate accounts
- Perform daily audits of payments, research and process accounts receivable on a regular cadence
- Process monthly reports for SOX controls and compliance
- Provide audit support for Financial Accounting and our external auditors
- Process daily credit and debit memos for the respective business unit
- Ability to deliver on commitments and deliverable as required for month-end or routine activities
- Generate reports on residual balances and account reconciliations
- Investigate discrepancies and coordinate their correction and reconciliation in a timely fashion
- Process partial and final payments, refunds, and invoices when necessary
- Interact with Sales, Groups and Credit & Collections to ensure the accuracy of the information provided to 3rd parties
- Support leaders on troubleshooting issues associated with the different tools and processes
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with leaders, cast, partners and external constituents
- Facilitate in clearing wire transmission error
- Resolve account portfolio disputes and process related issues
- Leverage reporting tools to support KPIs and dashboard reporting
- Research and correct misapplied payments
- Bank lock box experience, cash deposits
- SAP software, Rimilia, Dreams & Travelbox
- Associates degree in business
- Bachelor’s degree in business
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.