Senior Accounting AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 943563BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 01, 2022
- Reconciliation of the debit balances, communicate bi-monthly with the region controllers and businesses, and distribute monthly debit balance reports to all regions for visibility.
- Review open aged items on the AP liability account which includes advising all regions of the open balances due, distributing the open aged items reports, reconcile with DWSS General Accounting, follow up with regions to resolve open manual payment blocks and write off open items as requested by the regions or as needed.
- Research and perform account reconciliation for vendor refunds and prepare check deposits for DWSS Cash & Banking.
- Perform the annual recovery audit with Apex Analytix which includes analyzing the vendor list of each region for both international and domestic, obtain approval of these vendors to include in the audit, review all communication letters, research all uncashed checks, enter approved credits for recovery, and reconcile all claims from Apex Analytix to ensure a financial gain of recovery to the company.
- Review and apply all credit memos posted in SAP, to accurately absorb credits to net against future payments.
- Process invoices for daily emergency payment requests and for DCP corporate freight charges.
- Audit and approve all manual wires via the HAMM tool, using the payment authorization guidelines, reviewing proper documentation that supports the manual wire requests and submit the payment requests to either DWSS Cash & Banking or Corp Treasury Cash Management.
- Perform manual check book and TP&R barter clearings.
- Resolve all PTP customer service tickets that relate to recovery services such as credits, debit balances & vendor refunds.
- Assist with special projects as it relates to Recovery Services such as testing enhancements for some of our tools that include the HAMM tool for manual wires and the Debit Balance & Open Aged Items reports.
- Highlight opportunities and recommendations for process improvements to increase operational efficiencies.
- Interface heavily with vendors and internal stakeholders to make necessary corrections.
- Interface with several teams and departments for successful transactions.
- Provide excellent customer service to our partners, businesses and suppliers.
- Demonstrated Accounts Payable knowledge.
- Demonstrated Customer Service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills as well as attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and prioritize competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement skills.
- Ability to adapt to change, and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to understand the needs of the customer and manage relationships.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Proven knowledge of MS Office & SAP.
Preferred EducationBachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.