Senior Accounting AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 10004608 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 26, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Senior Accounting Associate is responsible for the daily activities of Disbursements which include Daily Check Reconciliation, Daily Check Printing, Stop Payments, Voids & Re-Issues, Foreign Drafts, Special Handling Payments, Under- Deliverable Checks, Payment Exceptions, Stale Dated Checks, Due Diligence for Escheatment, Fraud Investigations, and resolve PTP customer Inquiries.
- Process all stop payments, voids and re-issues in Service Tracker. Perform analysis on voids to determine justification. Determine from this data appropriate action to be taken to resolve.
- Perform the daily check printing process which includes the special handling of checks and the daily check reconciliation utilizing the check reconciliation tool, release checks daily to our print locations and partnering with IPNS to ensure timely and accurate printing and mailing of our daily checks.
- Review all check payment exceptions and resolve promptly for check issuance.
- Audit and review all manual wires.
- Process foreign drafts weekly.
- Assist with the unclaimed property/escheatment process as it relates to stale dated checks and due diligence letters with Cash & Banking.
- Handle all payment exceptions as they occur and resolve issues so payment can be processed.
- Assist with special projects as it relates to Disbursements.
- Provide excellent customer service via the PTP Customer Inquiry tool and any email correspondence pertaining to check payments.
- Highlight opportunities and recommendations for process improvements to reduce/eliminate defects and increase operational efficiencies.
- Assist with backup of Emergency Payment Requests daily process.
- Assist with backup of the ACH rejects and M blocks.
- Assist with other tasks in Disbursements as needed.
- Interface heavily with vendors and internal stakeholders to make necessary corrections.
- Interface with several teams and departments for successful transactions.
- Demonstrated Accounts Payable knowledge
- Demonstrated Customer Service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and prioritize competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement skills
- Ability to adapt to change, and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to understand the needs of the customer and manage relationships
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven knowledge of MS Office
- SAP knowledge,
- Demonstrated Analytical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.