Senior Accounting AssociateApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7078147120220515 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Worldwide Shared Services’ Accounts Payable provides global support and services to DWSS partners, ensuring timely, accurate and compliant payments in accordance with corporate guidelines and various federal, state and local regulations. Accounts Payable works closely with Procure-to-Pay partners, Finance and Accounting partners, IT partners, and partners from various business units or functions to continually improve service and processes, decrease processing costs, ensure compliance, and achieve improved economies of scale with regard to payment procedures and processes.
The NALA Food and Beverage Invoice Processing team supports operational excellence for our Food and Beverage warehouse and F&B partners through accurate and timely processing of invoices within the F&B system and timely response to customer inquiries from both vendors and internal partners.
The Senior Accounting Associate position is responsible for operational transactional support for the Shared Services Procure to Pay global tower. These responsibilities include invoice data matching / posting in multiple systems (SAP & Nala), verification of invoice data extraction via the Optical Character Recognition technology utilized by Accounts Payables, and identifying / addressing invoice related defects. In addition, this role is also responsible for managing customer inquiries (both internal and external), researching and resolving complex purchase order and invoice related errors. This role also requires the analysis of data to identify process improvements related to invoice processing.
- Responsible for the analysis and posting of invoices for the Food and Beverage System
- Responsible for posting of invoices for SAP systems
- Identify and address invoice defects
- Respond to customer service tickets via email and/or Customer Service ticketing system related to invoices within NALA and/or SAP
- Supports, when required, testing for changes to invoice processing methodology or technology for both NALA and SAP
- 0-2 years accounting experience, experience within Accounts Payable
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programs, applications, processes and provide process improvement ideas
- Ability to handle high volume of work in a deadline driven environment and prioritize work
- Experience with Microsoft office products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- Demonstrated SAP knowledge
- Demonstrated Accounts Payable knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.