Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Analyst, Tax Systems (Disney Financial Systems) PHApply Now Apply Later Job ID 571728BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 18, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Tax Systems Group is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining solutions that optimize the performance of the tax function and drive significant benefits through process improvement and leading edge technology.
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Company’s information technology environment and tax technology environment
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot existing tax systems, such as OneSource Tax Compliance, OneSource Tax Provision, TaxDriveR, (a custom tax data repository built on SAP BFC), SharePoint and Workfront.
- Maintain high levels of support by solving issues and responding to requests for data and reports
- Recommend and implement changes to Tax Department processes and systems that encourage more effective utilization of all components of the technology platform
- Minimum of 2-4 years of Tax Systems experience within a large public company or the Big Four Accounting firms
- Ability to evaluate, implement and maintain technology solutions such as OneSource Income Tax, TaxDriver, (SAP BFC), Business Intelligence Tools and WorkFront.
- Knowledge of SAP, (FI/CO, HANA, BCS, BW, BFC) along with the ability to query and manipulate large amounts of data
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, data integration, reporting and analysis tools; and other application tools and languages such as PHP.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project)
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Passion for and knowledge of emerging technologies to deliver best practices ensuring tax systems integrity and controls
- Strong organizational and project management skills with meticulous attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving and process improvement skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interact with, advise and influence peers, senior tax leadership and external parties;
- Customer service oriented and responsive to customer inquiries
- Proven ability to apply technology to solve business problems
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or in a team
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Entrepreneurial, positive and client-service focused approach to work
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Experience with data analytics using Business Objects Analysis, SAP Web Intelligence, Cognos, Tableau or Alteryx tools
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation
- Experience developing and delivering end user training
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing such as HP Service Manager and Application Lifecycle Management, (“ALM”)
- CPA Certification or equivalent
- PMP, Agile Certified Practitioner or other professional project management certification
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or other related discipline
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Tax, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.