Senior Digital AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 913235BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 05, 2022
The Senior Digital Analyst supports the shopDisney digital ecosystem, including websites and mobile applications. They generate and implement technical requirements for analytics, develop and maintain regular reports, conduct both planned and ad hoc analyses, and perform deep dives to tell the story of performance and deliver insights to a variety of audiences. In addition, they help to mentor and grow other members of the Analytics team. They use their passion for analytics and digital technology to deliver insights that drive decision-making across the organization, including Marketing Strategy, Retail and Consumer Strategy, Technology, Product Development, and others. They collaborate across teams on best practices for digital analytics implementation, analysis and communication. To succeed, the Senior Digital Analyst will enjoy working with multiple partners, have a proactive approach, be able to take initiative and own projects, and use their ability to tell and support a story based on quantitative findings.
The team you will be joining is experienced, collaborative, and diverse in thought and background. This is a strong opportunity to improve your digital analytics skills while supporting a globally recognized brand and working with team members who are expert in the space and will take the time to teach and coach. In addition, The Walt Disney Company offers competitive benefits, structured mentorship programs, learning opportunities and internal groups for a variety of interests and backgrounds.
- Act as a digital analytics subject matter expert, representing aspects like data collection and use cases for solving business questions
- Collaborate with business, technology, implementation specialists, and analytics partners to determine data needs, and ensure the implementation and collection of that data
- Maintain digital tracking on web and app for consistent analytics functionality/availability
- Identify areas of opportunity for data improvement and participate in their implementation
- Obtain and document project details for use as reference material across the team
- Define and regularly execute quality assurance procedures to ensure accuracy of output
- Design visually appealing, effective, and impactful reports for numerous audiences including views for executive leadership consumption
- Prepare analytical plans, including milestones, hypotheses, and data sources necessary to complete complex deep dive analyses
- Support a variety of partners with ad-hoc reporting and in-depth analyses
- Utilize business and analytical expertise to independently perform proactive analyses and communicate opportunities, optimization tactics, or issues
- Use statistical rigor to solidify validity of findings and explain those concepts to non‑experts
- Independently seek out data and information to round out analyses and confirm assumptions
- Create succinct presentations to tell stories with a focus on actionable outcomes and present findings to all levels of the organization
- 3+ years of digital analytics experience across web and app
- Experience using either Adobe Analytics or a similar digital analytics tool
- Experience defining digital analytics tracking requirements
- Ability to help more junior team members grow
- Demonstrated understanding of segmentation and targeting
- Independent time management and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and visual)
- Ability to thrive in a discipline where tools, technology and skills are constantly evolving
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with partners/clients/team
- A team player in a fast-paced, complex, and sometimes ambiguous business environment
- Proactive curiosity to understand the “Why” behind performance, decisions, etc.
- Ability to derive actionable insights from data and effectively guide decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical rigor to analyses (significance testing, regressions)
- Ability to distill analyses into concise recommendations and present to various levels of audiences up to the executive level
- Experience with reporting and analytical tools such as SQL, R, and/or Python
- 5+ years of digital analytics experience
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Analytics
- Experience implementing analytics on a site and performing implementation validation
- Demonstrate understanding of ecommerce analytics and comparative strategy
- Experience with Tealium
- eCommerce experience, preferably in the Direct to Consumer field
- Experience with A/B testing and web/app optimization
- 1+ years using statistical concepts in business context
- Experience in project management
- Proficiency with reporting and analytical tools such as SQL, R, and/or Python
- Experience working with off-shore resources
- Basic knowledge of data compliance or data privacy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical/quantitative field – e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics, marketing analytics, finance, engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree in an analytical/quantitative field or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.