Senior Event ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 865661BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 05, 2021
Events and projects range in size including large-scale, complex, and high-profile that require full ownership to drive vision and results. You will develop value-added internal and external partnerships that you will leverage to recommend and influence decisions based on budget, creativity, and technical or logistical needs. You will report to the Event Director.
Responsibilities:• Lead multiple cross-functional teams through the planning process of all projects, including research, creative planning, budget management, production/execution and post-event evaluation, including quantifying the success of events and projects
• Serve as a creative thought partner, stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, emerging technologies and leverage that knowledge to innovate events
• Identify and problem solve challenges and conflicting priorities within the project scope, and remove roadblocks
• Establish and leverage key relationships to ensure connectivity to the strategies and event content that support experience objectives
• Provide thoughtful and collaborative data, insight, feedback and recommendations that can be implemented to improve future events
• Be a single point of contact to partners with different Lines of Business to manage partner requests and fulfilment
• Provide daily leadership and professional development for event coordinator support team
Basic Qualifications:• 7 years + of relevant work experience
• The ability to inspire others through an overarching vision while guiding results by applying creative sensibilities
• Comfort in managing multiple projects while influencing a matrixed organization
• Holistic focus on the Guest experience with the ability to use innovation as the foundation for success
• Built strategic relationships within and outside of the organization
• Understanding of the impact of financial aspects
• Experience creating and delivering presentations for all levels of leadership and external clients
• Proficiency in establishing and supporting strategic direction and activating against agreed upon plans
• Worked in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects with varying priorities and deadlines
Required Education• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Business, Marketing, or related field
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.