Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 777446BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
The Corporate Balance Sheet Team functions as the corporate controllership accounting hub as well as acting as a consolidator for a multitude of technical accounting processes. The team overseas Disney’s consolidated investment portfolio, which is comprised of a broad array of diversified investments. The team also overseas Disney’s pension accounting, captive insurance companies, intercompany reporting & settlement processes, and a diverse grouping of Corporate activities. There are also numerous SEC reporting, SOX, and Enterprise Reporting responsibilities. This is a high profile team that works closely with executives within The Walt Disney Company (TWDC).
This position requires a professional that wants to lead, is highly motivated, and a self-starter. This individual must be able to develop professional relationships with various business partners, analyze and decipher finance/accounting data to accurately review the Company’s reporting obligations. He/she must be able to identify problems and develop innovative solutions to further efforts toward continuous process improvements. He/she must be capable of researching complex accounting topics and presenting succinct results. In addition, he/she must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and be able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines.
- Perform accounting and close activities for the Corporate segment Balance Sheet, including but not limited to incentive compensation, pension/PRM, investments, self-insurance, and significant reserves
- Direct accounting, research, and SOX compliance for the Investments, Captive Insurance, and Pension Programs
- Support intercompany reporting and settlement processes
- Perform comprehensive analysis and reporting for cause of change related to the Corporate Balance Sheet
- Complete the Annual Audit of Disney’s Non-Profit Foundation
- Manage multiple projects concurrently with limited direction
- Vigorously protect internal controls, integrity and corporate governance and identify/develop new processes to enhance the control environment
- Communicate effectively through any medium to provide succinct and clear answers to multiple levels of leaders, including executives
- Show a bias for action, persistence and problem solving in day-to-day activities
- Freely and proactively share technical knowledge and skills with others, both within their team and with peers, partners, and clients
- Mentor and train new Cast Members
- Audited publicly traded companies and/or worked in a complex Corporate Accounting or Consolidation capacity
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Excel and a large ERP systems (ie. SAP Oracle, JD Edwards, etc.)
- Demonstrated problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong partnering and customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle high volume work in a deadline driven environment
- 4 years public accounting experience and/or 5 years corporate accounting experience
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with SAP and Business Objects
- Consolidation reporting experience
- Mix of both public accounting and corporate accounting work experience
- CPA or equivalent
- Bachelors of Accounting or Finance
- Masters in Accounting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.