Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 858737BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
Responsibilities:Corporate Intercompany Accounting is responsible for the accounting and proper elimination of intercompany transactions between US and international legal entities. The Intercompany team provides high quality accounting and analytical services to multiple segments both domestically and internationally.
- Meet with segment contacts to obtain updates on the status of their intercompany transactions and document any accounting changes needed to be compliant with tax laws
- Communicate and coordinate recordings of intercompany transactions ensuring accuracy of coding, proper supporting documentation and sufficient approvals are obtained
- Partner with Treasury and ensure the Intercompany settlements are processed efficiently
- Implement new tools to assist with the tracking and elimination of intercompany balances
- Champion change in processes to create efficiencies
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting to determine appropriate accounting treatment for transactions
- Work closely with Tax and Transfer Pricing to assure proper accounting of intercompany transactions
- Reconcile intercompany accounts, including intercompany markup between a large volume of legal entities
- Support and assist Business Unit customers with inquiries relating to the proper treatment of intercompany entries
- Assist with fulfillment of audit requests for customer compliance when the need arises
- Support Cast Members by providing assistance with day-to-day issues
- Develop and deliver training to new and existing Cast Members
- Develop and lead intercompany accounting process improvement projects
- Assist Tax with annual country-by-country reporting
- 2-5 years of corporate accounting experience with focus on intercompany transactions
- Demonstrates computer proficiency with Excel
- Demonstrates problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong partnering skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to handle high volume work in a deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with SAP, PeopleSoft, Alteryx
- CPA or equivalent
- Bachelors of Accounting
- Masters in Accounting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.