Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 627731BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Jan. 10, 2019
Job Summary:This Sr. Financial Analyst is a part of the Financial Planning and Analysis team that supports Disney Vacation Club (DVC), a dynamic and complex business unit within Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
- Providing leadership for other Cast Members, as required
- Leading all planning, forecasting, and day-to-day responsibilities for DVC's capital processes
- Providing financial support such as planning, forecasting, research, and business case analysis for all client areas in the Member Experience & Club Management organization, which includes DVC’s exchange program, Member Services, and Member Benefits
- Providing financial support to DVC Technology and Digital clients
- Supporting financial processes for the Financing line of business and performing ad hoc analysis as appropriate
- Supporting various initiatives and work efforts related to overall financial planning & analysis for DVC, as necessary
- Demonstrated finance and accounting technical skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex financial analysis and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyze variance explanations
- Demonstrated strong decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to create executive level presentations, with effective storytelling
- Possess strong relationship and collaboration skills, including an ability to interact with all levels of management
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive finance or accounting experience with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Proven experience and strong understanding of SAP, company hierarchy, and Business Analysis Reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Disney Vacation Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.