Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Reporting AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 605396BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 20, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Receivable Operations provides a full service sales solution for room nights and tickets by ensuring our Wholesale/Destination clients are invoiced timely and payments are remitted according to contractual terms. Scope of services includes qualifying new and existing clients for appropriate sales channel and electronic billing solutions; providing accurate billing and credit sale reporting; reconciling receivable and liability balances and clearing accounts monthly; and resolving disputes related to pricing and invoicing components.
- Play a key role in the on-boarding efforts for new Wholesale Rooms/Packages and Ticketing clients and clients transitioning to new ticketing technologies, including the review of contractual agreements, negotiating client securitization, establishing payments terms and testing payment setups.
- Interact with Sales, Legal, Technology, Financial Systems and all levels of personnel related to Wholesale clients - current and prospective.
- Lead a team responsible for reconciling sales to payments and resolving variances and disputes related to the wholesale businesses.
- Provide leadership and guidance in developing Cast, setting goals, managing performance, training, and hiring.
- Lead efforts to identify best practices and implement operational changes to improve effectiveness and yield efficiencies. Update operating guidelines as processes change.
- Establish process metrics/performance measures and design related reporting.
- Document requirements for system enhancements and updates.
- Develop a knowledge base that supports all aspects of client support.
- Minimum 5 years of working in Finance or Accounting
- Proven experience working ERPs (SAP, Oracle, People Soft or similar).
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and technologies.
- Proficiency in MS Office with an emphasis on Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including enhanced ability to negotiate effectively.
- Experience with one or more Financial Operations processes (cash, receivables, fixed assets, payables, payroll, other).
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop effective relationships with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability integrating and presenting financial information to leadership and executives.
- Strong analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related area.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.