Senior Financial Systems Analyst-Project Hire
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 678587BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 18/06/2019
Job Summary:Who we are…….
Disney Financial Systems (DFS) is the liaison between the Enterprise/Segment IT organizations and the Disney Finance and Controllership organizations
The role of DFS is to ensure our financial technology is an enabler for the Disney Finance and Accounting organizations
We are looking for Senior Financial Systems Analyst – Project Hires
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst will partner closely with Finance areas and Operations to achieve best practice solutions and efficiencies and will work with business partners in Technology to jointly deliver the solution. The ideal candidates should have experience with process improvement, ability to learn new systems and have project experience at the Enterprise, Segment or Business Unit level. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in SAP and in finance system implementations. Should be familiar with current business analytics and finance process best practices and be able to work with various entities to streamline existing processes.
These roles require accounting background to ensure financial integrity and controls are delivered. These roles will support processes through partnering with internal clients and Technology to develop and execute system requirements, manage project issues and risks and ensure correct Accounting processes and controls are delivered. The positions requires project management skills, good communication skills, and a detailed understanding of accounting theory. This positions will be responsible for coordinating and executing all phases of testing, including the Financial Integration & User Acceptance testing, validating the integrity and accuracy of the financial data flowing from the systems.
Responsibilities:Additional responsibilities include:
- Supporting functionality and core Finance requirements and controls
- Perform system administration role
- Provide user support
- Develop, execute, and coordinate test validation with Finance and controllership subject matter experts
- Coordinate with finance and controllership report testing, defect resolution, and finance end user sign-off for go-live
- Drive defect to resolution, providing transparent, timely communication/escalation of critical issues and blockers
- Support change management efforts through documentation and training
- Participates and aligns with long term strategy and processes within WDPR Controllership and Enterprise Financial Systems
- Uses knowledge of the company’s products and services to meet customer needs
- Stays current on business issues, industry trends and technological advances
- Connects their segment & process priorities to the greater organizational goals
- Monitors metrics to obtain trends and patterns to identify process/system opportunities and execute corrective action
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering initiatives
- Demonstrates an understanding of their specific business process and related objectives
- Leads small to medium scale projects or portions of a larger project
- Interacts with IT, other segments and subject matter experts to support system implementations and enhancements
- Leads and executes project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule
- Effectively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Performs requirements gathering, solution design, testing, end-user training and communication
- Promotes teamwork across the enterprise both internally and externally
- Contributes to the productivity and morale of the team
- Positively confront issues and resolves conflict with sound judgment
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risk and resource requirements
- Partner with clients to understand pain points and champion process improvements
- Lead documentation of design documents and functional specifications
- Keep current on technology topics and solutions for key finance processes, supply chain, and business analytics to ensure the project is aligned
- Documents system and process best practices, both current and future state
- Apply expert knowledge and understanding of financial and US GAAP accounting principles to our systems and business processes
- Proactively identify issues (data or process) and ensures that appropriate action is taken to resolve issues and communications are sent to keep the Finance team members informed and updated
- Lead the strategy for end-user support and training within Finance. This includes Request Management (incidents/system enhancements) and training (standard materials, course design and delivery)
- Support the governance and monitoring of finance system compliance in accordance with company policies, standards and SOX requirements
- Regularly interact with end user clients on matters concerning their functional area, segments and department
- Concisely develops and deliver key information; ability to develop enhancements presentations
- Conveys relevant information in a timely and concise manner
- Builds relationships and identifies and connects resources to achieve project goals. Regularly contribute actionable ideas in brainstorming and planning sessions.
- May maintain communications with both internal and external contacts
- Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Technology, or a related field
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years of demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills in finance and/or retail systems and processes.
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years leading change management efforts at the Enterprise, Segment and Business Unit levels of the organization
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Passion for and knowledge of emerging technologies to deliver best practice ensuring financial systems integrity and controls
- Expert knowledge/experience in Financial Systems and area for business and technical audiences
- Experience supporting change for projects that encompass front of house and back of house finance/accounting and integration to SAP ensuring financial integrity
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborate, establish relationships and build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills to manage workload from logistics to strategic efforts, while adhering to deadlines and high quality
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients
- Ability to develop a logical and persuasive approach and outline for a presentation/”deck”
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Member of American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) and/or International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), or a similar professional organization
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Warehouse, and/or Business Objects reporting tools
- Ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Manager, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
Required EducationBachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Technology, or a related field
Preferred EducationGraduate Degree
Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Technology, or a related field (e.g., MBA, MIS),
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.