Senior Financial Systems Analyst (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10042643 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 07, 2023
Senior Financial Systems Analyst -Project Hire through August 2024
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible possible. We utilize and develop cutting-edge technology and push the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences worldwide.
The team is responsible for supporting The Walt Disney Company’s Enterprise Source to Pay (Sourcing, Procurement, Payment, and Reporting) value stream. We do this by partnering with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to help define the strategic vision, enabling partners to accomplish the goals and objectives of Corporate and business unit stakeholders and support the execution day to day activities in the Source to Pay (STP) work stream. The STP Business Process Team is part of Disney Financial Systems (DFS) within Enterprise Financial Services (EFS).
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst –(Project Hire through August, 2024) will support the ongoing transformation initiative Source to Pay Modernization Project. They will be responsible for gathering requirements, performing fit gap analysis, and creating detailed execution plans. This role will leverage their ability to build strategic partnerships across multiple departments coordination to ensure all business requirements are met. The person should have experience leading the finance activities on projects, be familiar with financial process best practices, and be comfortable communicating with and presenting to all levels of employee. This individual will analyze change requests to ensure systems are not negatively impacted by the introduction of new or modified processes and that one user group isn’t inadvertently impacting another functional area.
- Works with Corporate partners and Disney Segments to understand and support their process and data needs within the various finance and reporting systems.
- Liaises with Enterprise Technology as necessary to drive additional enterprise system enhancements; ensures local architecture is in alignment with Company standards and supports business requirements.
- Manage the detailed tasks required to design and deliver solutions to business operations in accordance with delivery methodology.
- Develop cost and resource estimates for delivering automation solutions based on business requirements. Provide estimates to Robotic Manager and/or Governance Board.
- Provide accurate planning and tracking of Define, Design, Configure and Test deliverables. Ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Confirm business requirements are understood and delivered against in each step of the delivery cycle to guarantee automation solutions meet customer expectations.
- Identify project risks and dependencies within the delivery cycle and effectively manage these across internal departments. Escalate issues to the leaders when appropriate.
- Translates assignments into specific priorities, objectives, and action plans, completing assignments according to established standards and timelines.
- Makes sound business decisions that balance competing priorities.
- Serves as a strategic thought partner working with operational teams and business units, as well as Enterprise and Segment Technology teams, to formulate enhancement options to address specific functional issues / requirements.
- Requirements gathering along with process mapping of current and proposed designs.
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering/automation initiatives.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business specific objectives and the Company’s current and planned technology environment.
- Stays abreast of technology and solutions for key finance processes, supply chain, and business analytics
- Designs, configures, and tests automation solutions in accordance with delivery methodology, security policies and business requirements. Create and maintain solution documentation.
Communication and Customer Support:
- Think beyond area of responsibility and understand how projects integrate with or impact the Enterprise.
- Promote teamwork both internally and externally.
- Effectively communicate with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members.
- Efficiently summarize information to articulate the essence of complex issues.
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or clients.
- Concisely develop and deliver key information; develop well laid out presentations.
- Develop a logical and persuasive approach and outline for a presentation; know how to vary format, structure and content to suit various audiences.
- Convey relevant information in a timely and concise manner.
- Positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment.
- Provide periodic update on project status to senior leadership.
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Procurement or Finance
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Demonstrated experience partnering with key stakeholders
- Past experience bringing about and/or influencing change
- Proven ability in making customers the key focus for decisions about business processes (i.e. Customer Focus)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- High level energy, self-direction and motivation
- Ability to build professional networks and to identify and connect resources to achieve goals
- Ability to contribute actionable ideas in brainstorming and planning sessions and to execute against those ideas
- Solve complex problems; take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information and business acumen
- Ability to work in a dynamic, matrixed environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations using PowerPoint
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
- Formal process improvement, project management or business analysis accreditation (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, Black/Green Belt, PMP®, TQM or similar)
- Experience developing and maintaining key performance metrics for financial service functions
- Sourcing/Procurement Software implementation experience
- Experience utilizing enterprise SQL database (MS SQL, Oracle, My SQL, SSRS) platforms or Tableau
- Experience developing/mapping processes and gathering requirements
- Detailed understanding of general ledger, hierarchies, and data structures, including knowledge related to how these entities affect each other
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, Data Analytics, Supply Management, or a related field
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.