Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Celebration, FL - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771415BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 29, 2020
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst is a key member of the Disney Financial Systems (DFS) team project initiatives and operational requirements for DFS and Disney Worldwide Shared Services (DWSS) with a broad set of skills and experience in streamlining/ automation/ centralization projects, business unit transitions, reporting, and internal process improvement efforts. Disney Worldwide Shared Services (DWSS) directly supports the Company’s financial goals of maximizing earnings, cash flow, and stakeholder value through the provision of value-added functions such as the consolidation and optimization of services and processes, excellence in customer service, timely and accurate transactions, and continuous improvements for supplying low-cost services.
Responsibilities:The ideal candidate will support the business technology needs of DWSS and the overall Financial Systems community in the key areas of customer service, compliance, and process efficiency. The ideal candidate will interact with their customer to clarify requirements or provide more effective technical options that meet the business requirements. This position must ensure compliance with Company and departmental coding standards and practices, technical compliance standards, and any other pertinent technical practices and standards are sustained. The selected individual will periodically be called upon to handle emergency situations. They are expected to be solution experts on the tools they create and simultaneously possess the ability to quickly learn and trouble-shoot. They may also be called upon to provide advanced technical support for their solutions with team mates or external partners.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with system implementations at a Corporate or Segment level. This candidate should also be familiar with current business analytics and technology infrastructure best practices and be able to partner with a variety of organizations to improve existing business processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Information Systems or a similar career field OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated relevant experience building, implementing, and supporting financial planning and reporting systems
- Minimum of three years working on automation or technology-enabled process improvement efforts at the Enterprise or Business Unit levels of an organization
- Minimum of two years in application development
- Minimum of two year in database administration
- Demonstrated experience with WPF development, Angular Development, ASP.net, or SSIS development
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server databases: structural and query optimization, Entity-Relational models, structural normalization
- Ability to write and interpret advanced functions and stored procedures in SQL; strong knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience utilizing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for data transformation and scheduling
- Ability to trace and debug in technologies such as .NET, C#, and Angular; comprehension of how data can be optimized for performance purposes
- Experienced in web development, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server/GitHub
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to employ various styles, as necessary
- Ability adapt to different audiences and clients, while anticipating their business needs
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills to manage workload from logistics to strategic efforts, while adhering to deadlines and high quality
- Ability to demonstrate strong business acumen
- Ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes
- Proven ability to establish relationships with employees and teams, at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp complex financial data models in order to identify and resolve issues
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills; ability to work in a dynamic, matrix environment
- Minimum of two years working with a business analytics reporting or planning tool (e.g., Reporting Services, Cognos, Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau, SAS, etc.)
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Minimum of one year in a customer support role
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Experience using SAP or another ERP
- Experience working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including current business trends
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Now, Jira, FreshDesk)
- Able to work with video, including screen captures, and webinars via Zoom and MS Teams
- Demonstrated experience managing process efficiency projects
- Experience leading and championing change for projects
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.