Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 875630BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 15, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We bring stories to life by utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst plays a key role within Disney Financial Systems (DFS) providing support to the Enterprise Financial Services organization for strategic operational initiatives, data analytics, and continuous process improvements. Partnering with functional leaders, other DFS team members, and Enterprise Technology, this role supports operational projects targeted at optimizing processes through the employment of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and machine learning (cognitive) software. The Senior Financial Systems Analyst identifies, evaluates, documents, develops, and tests automations in accordance with established governance standards. This role partners with functional leaders and team members to develop appropriate audit procedures for each automation. The Senior Financial Systems Analyst provides ongoing support to production automations and is able to trouble-shoot problem situations, identify root cause, and resolve RPA issues. This role will develop RPA automation standards and, in a future federated development model, will be responsible for reviewing and approving automations written by other individuals prior to their production implementation. Periodic, project-related business travel may be required.
The ideal candidate should have strong technical skills/affinities, extensive experience with process improvement, and an ability to learn new systems while functioning at the Enterprise, Segment or Business Unit level. This candidate should be familiar with current financial business practices, possess the ability to work with multiple business units to understand a myriad of process issues, and to partner with a variety of functional and technical teams on solutions.
This is a permanent role reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Systems.
Responsibilities:Strategy and Governance
- Provides input to and aligns projects with long-term strategy for Financial Systems and related processes within their process area.
- Assists leadership in establishing and refining a robotics process automation (RPA) delivery lifecycle to ensure rapid and repeatable delivery of automated processes within the company.
- Assists leadership in developing and maintaining customer/stakeholder relationships and driving RPA adoption, buy-in, and commitment.
- Pulls and monitors metrics to obtain trends and patterns to identify process/system opportunities and execute corrective action.
- Demonstrates an understanding of their specific business process and related objectives.
- Uses knowledge of the company’s products and services to meet customer needs.
- Leverages synergy opportunities across functions and businesses.
- Effectively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts, and team members.
- Collaborates and solves problems – works with others to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information, provide initial screening/negotiations.
- Develops and delivers concise, relevant, and timely key information.
- Contributes to the productivity and morale of the team.
- Positively confronts issues and resolves conflict with sound judgment and a focus on the long-term business relationship.
- Translates assignments into specific priorities, objectives and action plans, completing assignments according to established standards and timelines.
- Makes sound business decisions that balance competing priorities.
- Serves as a strategic thought partner working with operational teams and business units, as well as Enterprise and Segment Technology teams, to formulate enhancement options to address specific functional issues / requirements.
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering/automation initiatives.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business specific objectives and the Company’s current and planned technology environment.
- Stays abreast of technology and solutions for key finance processes, supply chain, and business analytics
- Review solution designs and objects to ensure consistency and continuity across regional teams.
- Designs, configures and tests automation solutions in accordance with delivery methodology, security policies and business requirements. Create and maintain solution documentation.
- Support existing process automations by resolving issues and implementing change requirements in a timely manner.
- Leads small to medium scale projects or portions of a larger project.
- Works with Corporate partners and Disney Segments to understand and support their process and data needs within the various finance and reporting systems.
- Liaises with Enterprise Technology as necessary to drive additional enterprise system enhancement; ensures local architecture is in alignment with Company standards and supports business requirements.
- Manage the detailed tasks required to design and deliver individual automation solutions to business operations in accordance with delivery methodology.
- Develop cost and resource estimates for delivering automation solutions based on business requirements. Provide estimates to Robotic Manager and/or Governance Board.
- Provide accurate planning and tracking of Define, Design, Configure and Test deliverables. Ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Confirm business requirements are understood and delivered against in each step of the delivery cycle to guarantee automation solutions meet customer expectations.
- Identify project risks and dependencies within the delivery cycle and effectively manage these across internal departments. Escalate issues to the leaders when appropriate.
- Minimum three years of demonstrated relevant experience building, implementing, and supporting financial planning and reporting systems, which may include external client-focused reporting or internal management reporting
- Minimum three years working on automation or technology-enabled process improvement efforts at the Enterprise, Segment or Business Unit levels of the organization
- Experience using business intelligence, data visualization and/or reporting systems (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects Analysis, Cognos, MS SQL Report Builder or similar)
- Minimum two years working with object oriented programming (Java, .NET)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical subjects/audiences
- Strong ability to interact effectively and influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong relationship building and consensus building skills, with a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Proven ability to collaborate and establish relationships with employees and teams, at all levels of an organization
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to grasp complex financial data models
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients, while anticipating their business needs
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures
- Ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes
- Passion for and knowledge of new media and emerging technologies to deliver best practice business solutions
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- High level energy, self-direction and motivation
- Demonstrated ability to act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task and work effectively in a dynamic, matrix environment
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within Excel (Pivot, Functions, Macro), PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word
- Ability to occasionally travel for business, domestically and potentially internationally
- Experience using continuous improvement and project management methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, TQM, PMP® or similar)
- Experience utilizing enterprise SQL database (MS SQL, Oracle, My SQL, SSRS) platforms
- Experience transitioning financial services functions to a Shared Service Center environment
- Experience in developing and maintaining key performance metrics for financial service functions
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Experience implementing robotic process automations (RPAs) or machine learning (cognitive) automations
- Experience in building commitment to change, and coaching others through change
- Experience supporting a global operation
- Project management experience using the Agile delivery methodology
- Experience in developing and maintaining key performance metrics for general accounting functions
- Experience with software development lifecycle
- Experience with Robotics / Machine Learning
- Experience transitioning accounting functions to a Shared Service Center environment
- Proficiency in major accounting systems (preferably SAP)
- Experience in using Business Objects, Tableau and/or Cognos reporting tools
- PMP® or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification (Black belt, Green belt, LEAN)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology, Data Science, or a related field
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology, Data Science, or a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.