Senior Manager, Financial SystemsApply NowApply Later Job ID 764060BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 31, 2020
The Senior Manager, Disney Financial Systems (DFS) plays a key role in leading and supporting strategic project initiatives for DFS and Disney Worldwide Shared Services (DWSS). This role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of financial systems projects ensuring consistency with department strategy, commitments, and goals. This role manages and maintains responsibility throughout the project life cycle and during ongoing sustainment periods for financial and accounting-related activity. The Senior Manager is responsible for timely written and verbal communication and leads DFS and DWSS change management efforts for all assigned work efforts. This role ensures on-time and on-schedule delivery of tasks and deliverables and frequently partners with Enterprise Technology and other business teams. The Senior Manager leads, mentors, and develops direct reports to support assigned operational work efforts and project implementation.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with system implementations and client support at a Corporate or Segment level, preferably working for a large, multi-national employer. The candidate should also be familiar with current business analytics tools, process improvement and project management methodologies, and technology infrastructure best practices.
Responsibilities:Project Leadership / Management
- Liaises with Enterprise Technology and other DFS teams to drive system enhancements, upgrades and modifications across multiple process areas and segments; ensures system design supports business requirements.
- Manages multiple large/complex projects covering multiple process areas.
- Leads the requirements, resource management, implementation and support of finance system solutions for assigned projects.
- Effectively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members.
- Assists in developing project infrastructure for team (i.e. templates, project management methodology and execution)
- Develops project plans with specific goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and allotment of resources for each phase of the project.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule.
- Prevent scope creep, record causes of change, and facilitate change requests to ensure impacts to schedule or budget, as well as forecasts, are approved and communicated in a timely manner.
- Monitors project results against objectives, milestones and scope.
- Develops solution testing, training and communication.
- Obtains project signoff of completion and appropriately close-out.
- Defines and drives long term strategy for Disney Financial Systems and related processes within their process areas.
- Implements strategic plans participating in the selection of methods, tools, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Leverages synergy opportunities across functions and businesses.
- Makes sound business decisions that balance competing priorities.
- Serves as a strategic business planning partner working with business units (within each Segment and across the Enterprise) and Enterprise Technology to formulate enhancement options to address specific functional issues / requirements.
- Develops Strategy for obtaining/analyzing metrics to identify trends, process/system opportunities and recommends corrective action.
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering initiatives.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business specific objectives.
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally.
- Manages team resources and ensures they are utilized appropriately.
- Proactively recruits, retains and develops a diverse range of talented people.
- Provides challenging work assignments and development opportunities.
- Supports productivity and morale of the team.
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment.
- Ability to define a clear vision and motivate others to embrace change.
- Ability to identify, plan and develop potential successors.
- Minimum ten years of business experience with exposure to financial and accounting systems, preferably in a large organization that uses SAP
- Minimum of 5 years leading automation or technology-enabled process improvement efforts at the Enterprise, Segment or Business Unit levels of the organization
- Minimum 5 years work experience managing teams
- Experience working within a matrix organization for a large company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical subjects/audiences
- Strong ability to interact effectively and influence at all levels of the organization
- Previous experience managing organizations with both direct and indirect reporting employees, preferably with some team members in a remote location
- Strong relationship building and consensus building skills, with a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Charismatic, dynamic leader and effective manager, who leads by example and will mentor a team to meet high profile objectives
- Proven ability to partner with multiple project/specialty teams, including Enterprise Technology, Legal, vendors and key functional/business teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage on-time delivery of effective solutions
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate and lead team to work together in a highly collaborative, efficient manner
- Effective negotiation skills and proven contract development experience
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a multi-tasking environment to enable strategic business objectives through the investment and delivery of enabling technology
- Ability to use metrics to drive performance, efficiency and forecast improvements
- Experience managing relationships with technology vendors
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, experience implementing complex financial processes and systems with an ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes
- Ability to focus on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Ability to occasionally travel for business, domestically and potentially internationally
- PMP® or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience supporting a global operation
- Experience in using Business Objects, Tableau and/or Cognos reporting tools
- Demonstrated experience managing process efficiency projects
- Experience leading and championing change for projects
- Experience working on business intelligence/data warehousing and reporting systems projects (e.g. Business Objects, Cognos, BW, Crystal Reports, MS SQL Report Builder or similar)
- Project management experience using the Agile delivery methodology
Required EducationBachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or similar career field
Preferred EducationGraduate Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.