Senior Manager, Project ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 949193BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 21, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The DMED HR PMO is seeking a Senior Manager, HR PMO to support a variety of large-scale and multi-disciplinary strategic Enterprise projects and initiatives with a cross-functional focus to enhance how HR supports our Employees, Guests and evolving business models. As part of the DMED HR PMO, the Sr. Manager will play a critical role as we stand up and design this newly formed team.
The Sr. Manager position requires a proven collaborator who is forward thinking, seeks innovative solutions, and can balance analytical capabilities with creative, business savvy and people focused insights to deliver results. This individual will lead and support implementing strategies and associated initiatives using a consultative, data-driven approach while providing PMO leadership, expert project management skills and a keen eye for transformation. This individual must be a highly effective communicator and influencer with a passion for problem-solving and driving multiple projects with a great level of autonomy. It is an expectation this team and the candidate always seek out and include different perspectives and diverse opinions to make our ideas, recommendations and work better.
The candidate requires an ability to successfully initiate, contribute to, and lead cross-functional teams, along with strong facilitation, project management and change management skills. This leader will be responsible for stakeholder partnership and project governance at all levels of the organization and across segments fostering support with various partners. Now is your chance to join our team that enables our business to think differently and adapt to our changing landscape!
Position can be based in Orlando, Burbank, or Remote.
Responsibilities:Initiate and drive programmatic strategy efforts:
- Develop strategic programmatic frameworks working with cross-functional teams to meet DMED HR PMO objectives
- Drive large scale programs with minimum supervision or guidance through synthesis of content to meet the needs of diverse audiences with a focus on project planning, milestone tracking, budget status, issue identification and resolution, stakeholder management and change management
- Project manage multiple large-scale projects, ensuring clear communication and superior execution of plans.
- Build and maintain project plans, outlining clear deliverables and working with key stakeholders to keep project on schedule and always apply a lens for process improvement and efficiency opportunities
Advance organizational initiatives and deliver results through superior engagement tactics:
- Be a strategic partner by developing authentic relationships and influence across stakeholder groups
- Effectively write, prepare, and build project documents, presentations, and business updates
- Communicate ongoing initiative-related updates and timely, relevant information to key stakeholders
- Leverage current state awareness, external and internal benchmarking, data and analytics to infuse process innovation that drive meaningful change and enhances project results
Drive support and accelerate initiatives through storytelling:
- Communicate, partner with, align, and influence executives, leaders, peers and partners to support HR transformation programs and strategies
- Support the PMO branding, storytelling and communication strategy and implementation
- Develop compelling executive-level presentations and messages for targeted internal and external audiences designed to influence and inform
- 10+ years of proven experience in fields related to leadership, project management, human resources, process improvement, transformation or related fields
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners across many groups and geographies
- Be a role model and enable a culture of belonging, equity and inclusion as a key tenant to supporting our high-performing team and creating impactful partnerships with key stakeholders
- Superior organizational and process skills, as demonstrated by an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects to achieve milestones and objectives
- Ability to take multiple, complex concepts and distill into simple, executable strategies that are relevant, pragmatic, and drive results
- Self-starter, acts independently and recognizes when projects need to involve additional partners and decision makers and a demonstrated ability to customize solutions to the context and needs of the organization(s)
- Experience in strategic problem framing, issue identification, and development of practical business solutions
- Exceptional project management, planning, and analytic skills
- Strong integration, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills to include presentation and report design and production
- Ability to self-manage and work effectively with remote leaders and partners around the globe
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion including inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity
- Ability to effectively and comfortably navigate different organizational cultures
- Experience with business transformation, process redesign, and optimization
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma and change management tactics
- International experience through work assignment or multi-country scope of responsibility
- Strong knowledge of Disney businesses, policies, and procedures
- Willingness to flex work hours to accommodate multiple time zones
- Master’s Degree
- Project Management certification
- Lean Six Sigma and process improvement experience and/or certification
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.